Hunt: Antonio 'Bigfoot' Silva is just another fighter that is in my way

Hunt will look to get back in the proverbial mix when he meets Antonio Silva in the main event of UFC Fight Night 33 on Saturday night in Australia(Friday night in the Western Hemisphere). Hunt recently spoke with Karyn Bryant about that fight, which will headline the fight card:

The thing is, for this fight, I didn't want to take the fight because we're both (American) Top Team affiliates, but if that's the case I might as well just stop fighting. It's just one of those things, I'll have the same respect (for Silva), if not more after the fight.

Hunt and Silva trained together in Miami when Hunt was getting ready to face Stefan Struve at UFC on Fuel TV 8. Hunt would end that fight via devastating third round knockout, breaking Struve's jaw on the way to earning Knockout of the Night honors.

Despite his initial reluctance to take the fight, Hunt signed on the dotted line. The reason behind that move according to Hunt:

It is what it is, and I'm an employee.

Hunt is currently ranked No. 4 in the UFC's heavyweight division. A win over the 18-5 Brazilian may be just the ticket to launch Hunt into the top ten. With that being said, Hunt is not putting any additional pressure on himself due to Silva's standing in the UFC:

He's just another fighter at the end of the day for me, someone that's in my way.