Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Hunt: Antonio 'Bigfoot' Silva is just another fighter that is in my way

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    19,504

    Default Hunt: Antonio 'Bigfoot' Silva is just another fighter that is in my way

    Hunt: Antonio 'Bigfoot' Silva is just another fighter that is in my way

    Hunt will look to get back in the proverbial mix when he meets Antonio Silva in the main event of UFC Fight Night 33 on Saturday night in Australia(Friday night in the Western Hemisphere). Hunt recently spoke with Karyn Bryant about that fight, which will headline the fight card:

    The thing is, for this fight, I didn't want to take the fight because we're both (American) Top Team affiliates, but if that's the case I might as well just stop fighting. It's just one of those things, I'll have the same respect (for Silva), if not more after the fight.

    Hunt and Silva trained together in Miami when Hunt was getting ready to face Stefan Struve at UFC on Fuel TV 8. Hunt would end that fight via devastating third round knockout, breaking Struve's jaw on the way to earning Knockout of the Night honors.

    Despite his initial reluctance to take the fight, Hunt signed on the dotted line. The reason behind that move according to Hunt:

    It is what it is, and I'm an employee.

    Hunt is currently ranked No. 4 in the UFC's heavyweight division. A win over the 18-5 Brazilian may be just the ticket to launch Hunt into the top ten. With that being said, Hunt is not putting any additional pressure on himself due to Silva's standing in the UFC:

    He's just another fighter at the end of the day for me, someone that's in my way.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    13,432

    Default

    Where does this put Mark in the HW pecking order, should he win?

    I think the only guys ahead of him for a title shot would be Werdum and the winner of Barnett/Browne
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    9,531

    Default

    If Reem beats Mir, he and Hunt should fight simply for excitement's benefit.

    Then, Reem can rematch Browne or Bigfoot should he win. Should Hunt win, I say the loser of Barnett Browne.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    13,432

    Default

    If Hunt wins, why shouldn't he get the winner of Barnett/Browne?
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The Desert.
    Posts
    2,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    If Hunt wins, why shouldn't he get the winner of Barnett/Browne?
    Because the ass whooping he'd receive from either of those guys is nothing anyone wants to see.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

    Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

    "He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    13,432

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The8thPlague View Post
    Because the ass whooping he'd receive from either of those guys is nothing anyone wants to see.
    Oh yea, that makes sense.


    I remember the same things were said about Weidman and Hendricks.


    So because you think Fighter A is going to get their ass kicked by Fighter B, Fighter A shouldn't even have the opportunity.

    Awesome.

    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    england
    Posts
    674

    Default

    I like bigfoot but hunts one of my favourite fighters, so, hunt by 1st round brutal KO.

    i'd say if hunt wins, why not match him against browne/ Barnett winner or a winner of miocic/ gongaza? overeem can fight JDS if he wins his fight against mir.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    9,531

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    If Hunt wins, why shouldn't he get the winner of Barnett/Browne?
    Because he's coming off of a KO loss going into the Bigfoot fight. Barnett/Browne winner deserves a shot at either JDS or Cain IMO.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    13,432

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    Because he's coming off of a KO loss going into the Bigfoot fight. Barnett/Browne winner deserves a shot at either JDS or Cain IMO.
    Solid reasoning.

    Has the Cain fight with Werdum been set yet, or are they still waiting on his shoulder? If he's going to be on the shelf for a minute, match up Werdum and winner of Barnett/Brown, and I like the previously mentioned idea of Silva/Hunt vs Miocic/Gonzaga winners and losers meeting up.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    19,504

    Default

    UFC Fight Night 33: Mark Hunt has the 'hunger' to fight again ahead of 'Bigfoot' Silva scrap

    And despite his most recent setback, he's still determined to become the best fighter on the planet as he recently broke it down to FuelTV AUS:


    "I've got the hunger back for fighting and to be doing it at my age is pretty cool. Trying to still do what I do and trying to be the best fighter on the planet, that's what keeps me motivated. It's a real mental challenge and a roller coaster, I love it, it's crazy. I always thought fighting was mental. But, the whole thing is pretty scary. It depends how you use that fear of fighting. You channel it right it becomes your ally, you channel it wrong it becomes your enemy. The joy of fighting, it's hard to explain, you never get the rush from anything else. You put yourself through so much pain, and mentally straining, everything."

    Admitting that Dos Santos was a much faster fighter in their 265-pound fight, Hunt says an unexplained roadblock prevented him from getting to his spot during the Memorial Day weekend bout.

    And while he tries to put the loss in the rear-view mirror, he'll look to avoid dropping two straight as he takes on "Bigfoot" in an intriguing showdown that he initially didn't want to accept.


    "In my mind Bigfoot is just another fighter, just another hurdle that I have to overcome to still be doing what I have to do. He's like number four in the world, so he's a great fighter. The background is, I'm an associate of American Top Team, I trained with all of the guys at ATT and so has Antonio. We worked together before in Miami. It doesn't feel that good (fighting him.) We weren't exactly close friends, it's just the way we work. We have people to support, people to look after, that's' the way it is. It's our job. And I'll have more respect for him after we fight."

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •