Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rashad Evans vs. Daniel Cormier slated for UFC 170 headliner in Las Vegas

Default Rashad Evans vs. Daniel Cormier slated for UFC 170 headliner in Las Vegas

Rashad Evans vs. Daniel Cormier slated for UFC 170 headliner in Las Vegas

Daniel Cormier will make his light-heavyweight debut against former champion Rashad Evans as the headliner of UFC 170.

Evans (19-3-1 MMA, 14-3-1 UFC) today announced the fight as part of the pre-fight show for UFC Fight Night 33 on FOX Sports 1, where he moonlights as an analyst – as does Cormier (13-0 MMA, 2-0 UFC).

The five-round main event takes place Feb. 22 at Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas. The main card will air on pay-per-view following prelims expected for FOX Sports 1 and MMAjunkie.

Cormier will be cutting weight during the Super Bowl. That sucks. He looks like a chicken wing kinda guy. That's a big chicken wing day
    Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    I'm no doctor, and probably not even particularly smart...

3. Default

Rashad wins after Daniel dies cutting weight.
    There are many paths to freedom....not all are peaceful.

Funny you say that, Gomez is in the hospital after callapsing from the cut to 125

I like this fight and see Rashad as having only a slight edge in handspeed.....but that's based on a HW Cormier. Their boxing is probably close to comparable and Cormier has an edge in wrestling but that's not necessarily MMA wrestling.

Should be either a fun or horribly boring fight.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    Should be either a fun or horribly boring fight.
    That's my thought on it. Risky ME

So Rashad is just going down the list of broadcast partners? I imagine after this he'll be facing Bisping, Stann, Cruz, Florian, and Jay Glazer.

Seriously though, I'm not all that enthused about this fight as a main event. I think Cormier will grind out another Dec. I'll be streaming this one for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

I don't really enjoy Cormiers fights, he is effective but pretty boring, best fight was against Barnett and hasn't really impressed me since then, however it doesn't really matter how exciting his fights are if he keeps getting the wins, I think Rashad will go beast mode in this fight which will in turn bring out the best in Cormier, Rashad to win by split decision
    Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.

Oscar Wilde

I think it is going to be tough for him to cut weight and still have strength with such short notice. I hope he has started cutting weight already.

Quote Originally Posted by Transworld View Post
    I think it is going to be tough for him to cut weight and still have strength with such short notice. I hope he has started cutting weight already.
    I don't think it's that short notice. It's 12 weeks away and just 1.5 months ago, he weighed in at 224. He even mentioned that he didn't even start restricting his diet to get to 224 but just ate healthier. Restricting it should bring him below 220 which is well in range for a healthy cut as it is 7% of his body weight. He must however be anxious after his hospitalization due to the horrific weight cut in the olympics but I think the professionals he's working with now will be able to get it right.

Thread Information