Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: UFC Fight Night 33 Official Discussion

Like I said earlier, Bigfoot got homered. No way in hell was that last round a 10-8 round for Hunt. I think the judges just wanted to make it a draw, or not see the local guy lose. Regardless, best big man fight ever. It was Griffen v Bonnar plus 60 pounds.

I had the fight scored: 9-10, 9-10, 10-8, 10-10, 10-9 for Hunt. Either way, one of the best fights I've seen. Too bad though that Steve Percival robbed Mark Hunt of his TKO/KO victory. Bigfoot was barely able to stand, not able to see at all and he fucking pauses the fight when Hunt has him against the cage. WTF. "I don't think it's that bad, I just want to see it". Ye, thanks a lot Steve. No wonder the crowd booed you before the fight, clearly they knew that you are clueless twat.
    Also I gotta say, Bigfoot got a bit lucky in the 4th round with the "takedown". Two tired guys stumbling down and he landed on top
    Favourite fighters: Mark Hunt, Tom Niinimäki and Anton Kuivanen

what an amazing fight hunt vs. bigfoot was. hunt's one of my favourite fighters of all time so wanted him to win bad but at the same time I do like bigfoot so i'm quite satisfied with the draw
    shoguns KO of te huna was just brutal. hopefully, shoguns back.

4. Default

I'm not sure if it's more of Shogun being "back" which has been uttered at least 3 separate times in the UFC throughout his run. I think it was more of a high level fighter, fighting a C or D level fighter, tailor made to end up a highlight for a fading star to suck any drawing power out of him he may of had left.
    When you're down.... you're down 4-Life

I don't agree with that.

I think the UFC had win/win on their mind. Shogun, who is very "hittable" could just as easily been flat and walked into an incredibly strong Te Huna bomb. Conversely, they got what happened.

What's important is the look on Shogun's face. He was demoralized after the Sonnen fight and looked not only defeated but absolutely spent and demoralized.

During, before, and after this fight he looked energetic, better physically, and more ready. Confidence for a fighter is a huge thing and I hope this helps his. He has had a bad run as of late.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

6. Default

There's no win/win with Te Huna. Maybe for the Australian market but that's about it. Rankings wise, this fight was a giant head scratcher and there could of been a much better match up rankings wise for Shogun. But this fight wasn't for rankings, it was to get Shogun a win. They fed him Te Huna.
    When you're down.... you're down 4-Life

Hunt just posted this and a few x-rays on face book.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1450801_656501694394864_1599718721_n.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	6.9 KB 
ID:	636

Edit: cant seem to get the picture full size but here is the link.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
    My Favorite Fighters

1)Gray Maynard 2)Dan Henderson 3)Minotauro Nogueira 4)Wanderlei Silva 5)Roy Nelson 6)Tim Boetsch 7)Mark Hunt 8)Shogun Rua 9)Lyoto Machida 10) Connor McGregor

Every body seems to break their hands on bigfoots giant head.

move one's bowels to a chicken coop. Kill chickens and pick up feathers. They blow the whistle on for 10 ea on forums. Also bury the bones you find.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    There's no win/win with Te Huna. Maybe for the Australian market but that's about it. Rankings wise, this fight was a giant head scratcher and there could of been a much better match up rankings wise for Shogun. But this fight wasn't for rankings, it was to get Shogun a win. They fed him Te Huna.
    then why was te huna the favorite? pretty much te huna was being overrated and got exposed.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Thread Information