+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC Fight Night 33 Official Discussion

That's what I meant Kevo lol. Speaking of sdr... any updates on him?

That fight should have been stopped, way too much unnecessary punishment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Quote Originally Posted by Doom View Post
    That's what I meant Kevo lol. Speaking of sdr... any updates on him?
    Well....he's not dead.

Bout all I could find, from 6 days ago

Hospitalized UFC heavyweight Shane del Rosario showed signs of brain activity and was taken off life support this weekend, according to the fighter's teammate and friend Erik Apple.

Del Rosario is now able to breathe independently and he squeezed his mother's hand, Apple added. MMAWeekly.com confirmed the information after an initial report from Sherdog.com.

“He needs to keep fighting,” Apple said in a text message. “None of these are definitive. However, they give us some hope.”

Apple added that del Rosario has been placed on a respirator, a mask-like device used to prevent the inhalation of noxious substances. The fighter had been on a ventilator, which was used to assist with breathing.

Del Rosario was rushed to a Southern California hospital on Tuesday after having a catastrophic cardiac collapse in his home, the fighter's representative, Jason House, told MMAWeekly.com. He was resuscitated in the emergency room and placed in the coronary care unit.

“Doctors believe he may suffer from a rare condition called Long QT Syndrome, which is a genetic anomaly that can cause a sudden and life-threatening heart rhythm abnormality, and may result in sudden death,” House said in a statement. “Tragically, it strikes healthy, young people, and often is the first and only presentation of a heart problem.”

5. Default

My boy Soa looked amazing. Too many people sleeping on him. Pat should get cut. Dude can't take a punch from the big guys. Too late to cut to lhw?

He never developed any sort of ground game. Nothing.

I agree too much damage... but he was still in there trying to knock out Vader just in the ground he was getting worked and wasn't going to get out of that bad position. And yea that's the last thing I read about shane... hope he pulls through. And Sakara... I see what you are saying but I feel most heavy weights would have been knocked out with a 6'4 247? Maybe bigger I forgot... but that big of a guy in full mount... now obviously pat barry small size was a reason why he couldn't get up... but I wouldn't mind seeing him at lhw. I've always been a fan of his... hope he doesn't get cut but wouldn't be surprised.

I believe he's said in the past he has no interest in cutting to LHW.

So...Shogun is going to win this right?

Yea it sucks that he is lacking so much in the ground game but I do think he has gotten significantly better... it's just that isn't too get still ha. But I have seen him go for submissions and get close... reverse some bad positions in some fights before... just still feel at heavy weight it doesn't matter much cause he can't move underneath them much. He won't ever get too high up rankings either at Hw or lhw but he is super exciting to watch.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information