+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Matt Brown herniates two discs, elects to withdraw from UFC on Fox 9 fight

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    I wish Lawler had opted to replace him. Could you imagine the fireworks?!
    My question would only be this: how many days notice does a fighter have to have to actually get licensed to fight on short notice? Is there even such a rule? Ive always thought its a long shot for fighters to get replacement guys a week before solely because of medicals, and the process of getting licensed by the hosting commission but i could be wrong in thinking that.

September 27, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    dafuq?
    It was a joke. Disappointing news.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Well this sucks. Since there's a replacement fight already, I wonder when and who Condit gets matched up with, since I think it'll take a while for Brown to heal. Is Tyron Woodley matched up with anyone yet? Maybe Robbie Lawler, as some mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    My question would only be this: how many days notice does a fighter have to have to actually get licensed to fight on short notice? Is there even such a rule? Ive always thought its a long shot for fighters to get replacement guys a week before solely because of medicals, and the process of getting licensed by the hosting commission but i could be wrong in thinking that.
    Not too sure of the answer to your question but Leben comes to mind when he fought Akyama.. I think he got like a week or week and a half notice.

With fight scratched, Carlos Condit looking to enjoy holidays, reschedule bout with Matt Brown
    “Right now, I’m going to spend time with my family over the holidays and hope that Matt heals up quickly so that we can reschedule this fight soon,” Condit said. “Thanks to all of the fans out there for their support.”
    Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 12-08-2013 at 11:46 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information