Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hector Lombard to fight Jake Shields

I think this may be a closer fight than some people think. Hector definitely has the stopping power to hurt Shields, but Jake will look to neutralize that disadvantage with clinching up against the fence. As someone noted, Hector has a tendency to gas, maybe not as much at WW but we'll see. I think Jake transitions faster in the scrambles, and top position will matter once fatigue sets in. Shields will use the same game plan he implemented to fight Tyron Woodley.

WW has many great potential match ups like this one. I'm feeling it.

Shields is probably the most underrated fighter, probably because of how awkward he looks in the striking department. Most people pick against him in most fights nowadays, however, he is pretty much always game (except for the Ellenberger fight, which was 2.5 weeks after his dad died), largely controls his opponents and tends to win a decision. I wouldn't be surprised if he does the same here.

i believe Shields is the most boring fighter in UFC history.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. MMA View Post
    Shields is probably the most underrated fighter, probably because of how awkward he looks in the striking department. Most people pick against him in most fights nowadays, however, he is pretty much always game (except for the Ellenberger fight, which was 2.5 weeks after his dad died), largely controls his opponents and tends to win a decision. I wouldn't be surprised if he does the same here.
    I agree with you, but I think it has more to do with how much people dislike Shields' style, rather than his awkward striking.

Quote Originally Posted by CtGreat View Post
    i believe Shields is the most boring fighter in UFC history.
    Not too sure about that but he definitely cracks the top 5.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

I actually enjoy watching Shields fight.

I never underestimate Shields but I hope Lombard smashes him, too. They are both just polar opposites when it comes to excitement and brutality.
    In the end, the only prize a fighter keeps is you. I only ask that you continue supporting all athletes. Keep supporting them, because in the end your applause is the only thing that remains. The rest is only an illusion. - Wanderlei to fans

It will be really interesting if Shields can control Lombard and keep him down.
    You have to know what you don't know.

Wow, not much love for Shields on here..... After what he did against Maia, I am more of a fan. I give Shields a chance against anyone, as long as the fight hits the ground at any point. You gotta respect a level of jits that high.

Boring or not this is MMA, and if you cat respect the ground game shields brings to the table then maybe you should be watching K1. On topic if Shieldscan get ahold of him its his fight all day. Remember Shields eating the Hbomb and falling over but recovering for a win? wouldnt shock me to see him do it here

Thread Information