Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cormier will 'hurt' Rashad Evans to get his title shot, but he's not going to like it

Tough fight to predict. Hmmm, it's going to be a draw.

Quote Originally Posted by TBEAR View Post
    Brewer for the win....

Cause jones has a habit of picking MWs to fight and people who he hand picks.

I can not wait for Glover to KO Jones....O YEAH it is coming
    Does he have a habit of hand picking MWs...? I dont seem to remember him hand picking Vitor or Chael. But good attempt though.

And glover who almost got put to sleep by bader is going to smash Jones...HIGHLY unlikely.

WE ARE ALL WITNESS: JANUARY 3, 2015

man i think this will be evens hardest fight yet

Cormier by superior gameplan.

I find his UFC fights boring as hell but admit that his gameplanning is top notch.

Plus winning is all that matters i suppose.

This is an extremely intriguing fight.

Rashad seemed to have been standing in the shadows for quite some time after his loss to Jones, and then losing his fight against Lil Nog pushed him even further out of the spotlight. Now he is attempting to make his comeback, and although his win over Hendo wasn't impressive, he made Sonnen look absolutely foolish while looking to be in the best physical shape of his career. When Rashad is on, he's one of the best LHW's ever. If he's there 100% mentally and physically, he can beat almost anyone.

Cormier on the other hand is riding his undefeated streak he's bringing with him from the HW divison, and even though his hypetrain has lost quite a bit of steam, he is still only 13-0 in his MMA career, 2-0 in his UFC career, and a huge threat to any fighter, including the champion. IF the weight cut goes well, this fight is between two of the best. He seems to have his sights set on one thing and with everything Cormier has been through in his life, his heart is unquestionable.

- both men are hungry and very determined to achieve their goals; Cormier wants gold and glory, while Rashad wants another taste of the same thing and to avenge his loss to Jones
    - both have KO power
    - Rashad holds the speed advantage while Cormier has the strength advantage
    - the most exciting part about this fight, imo, is how the wrestling is going to play out
    - whoever wins will be sniffing a title shot, especially if they're dominant in doing so
    - whoever loses will suffer a stinging setback
    - if either manages to dominate or finish the other, it would carry a tremendous amount of weight

Quote Originally Posted by Tongan.Death.Grip View Post
    Cormier by superior gameplan.

I find his UFC fights boring as hell but admit that his gameplanning is top notch.

Plus winning is all that matters i suppose.
    I would love to know each fighters gameplan before going into this fight.

My two cents:

Cormier to utilise his superior clinch game whilst using bombs to close the distance (and catching the ko if its there)

Rashsad, the obvious speed, boxing and footwork advantage whilst wanting no part of Cormier in the grind.

That would be my take on it and i'd be extremely suprised if Rashad tries to wrestle with that bear. Unless he knows somthing we don't.

Rashad will have Greg Jackson and we all know Jackson always has great gameplans. So, it could be argued that Greg will have a better plan.
    uhhhhh what???

WE ARE ALL WITNESS: JANUARY 3, 2015

Quote Originally Posted by lwbrewer View Post
    You mean like a champ who trys to pick/avoid certain fights?
    Which champ are you referring to ?

Rashad will have Greg Jackson and we all know Jackson always has great gameplans. So, it could be argued that Greg will have a better plan.
    Been a couple years since Rashad has worked with Greg Jackson

Greg and Rashad aint boys no more since Greg put Bones and winning before loyalty and giving a shit.

Too far?

Thread Information