Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What is GSP going to announce on Friday at his press conference?

Default What is GSP going to announce on Friday at his press conference?

What do you think he is going to announce? And if it is a rematch, why is he, rather than the UFC orquestrating it?

The news was broken by the French language Montreal Journal.

The mixed martial arts fighter Georges St-Pierre is expected to reveal his intentions regarding his future on Friday.

The 32-year-old will meet with the media in Quebec at a press conference, his agent told TVA Sports, and will announce what is coming for him in the coming months.

Retirement? Resume training in a not so distant future? The options are many.

On November 16, after his controversial win face Johny Hendricks, St-Pierre said he was hanging up his gloves "at least for a moment."

Since then, several rumors have circulated about Quebeces, but he said that everything was fine. He took a vacation and has recently taught BJJ at Tristar Gym.
    http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...ss-conference/
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

I think he's going to announce that he's always been an alien from the planet Cardio, and his fear of UFO abduction stems from them coming to take him home.

He LIKES it here.

I'd also like you to ask yourself--and mixedmartialarts.com...did the world really need this story?

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

..and if it did, should it have included the ''words'' 'orquestrating' and 'Quebeces'?

4. Default

No & No I think that covers it rh & Swift

5. Default

WOW, I am glad I clicked this thread. GREAT F*(&KIN info here.

This douche gets credit for a story?
    "...for he today who sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." William Shakespeare

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it." Helen Keller

Jerks.

Original source below... the article on mmaunderground was just ran through Google Translate, minus the 'orquestrating' and 'Quebeces'

GSP fera le point sur son avenir
    http://www.journaldemontreal.com/201...-fera-le-point

Le combattant d'arts martiaux mixtes Georges St-Pierre devrait dévoiler ses intentions face à son avenir, et ce, dès vendredi.

L'athlète de 32 ans rencontrera alors les médias à Québec, lors d'une conférence de presse, et selon ce que son agent a dévoilé à TVA Sports, il annoncera ce qui s'en vient pour lui au cours des prochains mois.

Retraite? Repos? Reprise de l'entraînement dans un futur pas si lointain? Les options sont nombreuses.

Le 16 novembre dernier, après sa victoire controversée face à Johny Hendricks, St-Pierre avait déclaré qu'il devait accrocher ses gants «au moins pour un moment».

Depuis, plusieurs rumeurs ont circulé à propos du Québécois, mais il a affirmé que tout allait bien. Il a pris des vacances et il a récemment donné des cours de jiu-jitsu brésilien au Tristar Gym.

Or maybe mmamania's take on it is a bit better:

Georges St-Pierre retirement update: UFC champ to hold press conference on Friday in Quebec to announce future plans
    "Rush" is expected to reveal his plans for the future, according to TVA Sports, which do not include raising a bastard child, burying a dead relative or cutting a check to a money-grubbing ex-manager, all of which he claims have been unfounded rumors to explain his absence.

Which I suppose is better than alien abduction.

UFC President Dana White expects St-Pierre to give Hendricks an immediate rematch, since a scoring controversy at last month's event in "Sin City" have many fans and pundits crying foul. Whether or not GSP owes anybody anything depends on who you ask.
    or BJpenn.com:

Georges St-Pierre will announce future plans at Friday press conference
    http://www.bjpenn.com/georges-st-pie...ence-ufc-news/
    Well fight fans, it appears we will all know one way or the other whether UFC welterweight champion, Georges St-Pierre, plans on retiring or not.

According to TVA Sports, Pierre will hold a press conference in Quebec on Friday (Dec. 13). It’s reported that the champ will address his plans for the future.

Ever since his controversial decision win over Johny Hendricks the internet has run rampant with rumors about what GSP was alluding to during his post fight octagon interview with Joe Rogan, where he said he needed some time off for personal reasons.

Read more at http://www.bjpenn.com/georges-st-pie...YxGZArwo2VQ.99

Press conference is this Friday, same day EA Sports announces the winner of him or Goose for the other EA UFC cover slot...
    Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 12-10-2013 at 11:29 AM.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

What does this even mean "Since then, several rumors have circulated about Quebeces"!?

I think every body knows the "rumors" involving Quebeces.....

Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Georges will reveal his relationship with a Bronie that turned out to be a Clopper. That's right, Georges is a Pony. And you wouldn't sleep either if you knew some Clopper was milking his sinner everytime you pranced around the octagon.

Quote Originally Posted by hass View Post
    Georges will reveal his relationship with a Bronie that turned out to be a Clopper. That's right, Georges is a Pony. And you wouldn't sleep either if you knew some Clopper was milking his sinner everytime you pranced around the octagon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Thread Information