Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: What is GSP going to announce on Friday at his press conference?

I'm not Canadian, but I did stay at a Canadian Holiday Inn Express once, and I say he should retire on top. I thought he won the fight against Hendricks. If he feels he has more important or better things to do, now is as good a time as any to get out.

I'm not Canadian, but I've drank several Canadian dark beers--the one with the dudes in the boat floating through the sky is pretty good.

I don't know if Georges has come to the conclusion that there will always be critics, and that you can't please them. I mean, there will always be people who suspect he's been juicing for ages, there will always be people who wanted him to step up and fight Anderson, there will always be people who hate on him for whatever reason they find convenient.

If he's still trying to please those people--and his focus on VADA seemed to indicate he was, going into the last bout--I don't see him retiring. I don't think someone with that mindset would want to go out with any hint of a black mark or an implied asterisk.

If he's come to the conclusion that the majority of MMA fans are fickle, uninformed tools and that he works for a total asshole who will throw him under the bus as soon as the cheques clear, he may be inclined to simply walk away.

I think the second avenue is healthier, personally. Just like anyone else in the forum, I tend to get obsessive about legacies, but in reality, none of that matters. Georges health--both mental and physical--and his wealth are more tangible and less prone to whimsical bullshit than any concept of legacy.

More than ever, I wish he'd forgone the vanity bout with Diaz and not ducked Hendricks at first. If he'd fought him last Spring, we could have already had the rematch out of the way, and Diaz wouldn't even be retired yet. Probably.

But again, I'm one of the fickle, uniformed tools I mentioned earlier in the post.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

im Canadian and i dont want him to retire because im selfish and want to see him keep fighting.

RUSH is the greatest thing to come out of Canada, or any country. And I'm not talking about GSP.

"Exit the warrior
    Today's Tom Sawyer
    He gets high on you
    And the energy you trade
    He gets right on to the friction of the day"

It depends. The perfect scenario for me would be that he returns and defeats Johnny decisively, and then reassess from there. That being said, I don't want him to force it. If his heart is not completely in it, there is no shame in retiring. Even if he just wants to take an extended absence and live life a little, and then come back when he's ready.

The only thing I trully DON'T want is for him to take an indefinite hiatus without relinquishing the belt. As a fighter, he doesn't owe anyone anything if his heart isn't into fighting. As a CHAMPION, he owes the belt, the division, and the fans timely defenses.

I'm not saying he has to make that announcement or decision today, but definitely in the next month or two (at the most).

Quote Originally Posted by hass View Post
    RUSH is the greatest thing to come out of Canada, or any country. And I'm not talking about GSP.

"Exit the warrior
    Today's Tom Sawyer
    He gets high on you
    And the energy you trade
    He gets right on to the friction of the day"
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

I'm sorry ladies.

Propagandi > Rush.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Dana White and Georges St-Pierre to hold special conference call Friday afternoon

It came out earlier this week that St-Pierre was planning an announcement at a press conference Friday morning for a PR event. Apparently those plans have changed.

In an interview with Ariel Helwani following the UFC on Fox 9 pre-fight press conference, UFC president Dana White said he was planning on speaking with GSP Thursday at 7p ET. Just under an hour and a half later the UFC's Sr. Director of Public Relations sent out this tweet:

Dave Sholler @Sholler_UFC
    Follow

Via press release just distributed: special media conference call tomorrow at 2:20pm ET with Dana White and GSP.
    5:17 PM - 12 Dec 2013

* Well, well, maybe there is a story here after-all.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    or maybe this mall opening is very important to dana and he wants to be a part of it too!
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

i bet hes announcing time off / a movie. Dana announces they will wait for him to come back. See you in a year, hendricks.

Thread Information