Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: What is GSP going to announce on Friday at his press conference?

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    What's the over/under on GSP staying out longer than Cruz has?
    From last fight to comeback fight? Under 2 years 4 months. I'll guess 18-10 months.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    Guess they're going with the hot hand in Lawler, but IMO Hendricks dusts him, while I think a Condit II would be a helluva lot closer and IMO, if feels like they're looking to give Hendricks a lob, hoping that he retains and GSP returns sooner than later.

Meltzer's question was awesome, bringing up "why not Condit?" and Dana's response was some nice double-talking about rankings and how Condit already fought for the title and fought Hendricks, totally side stepping that the "UFC rankings" themselves, which while highly dubious, have Condit ahead of Lawler. Dunno what "special fight" Dana's trying to nail down for Condit on the same card, and he's now said the Brown fight is off of the table. Only thing I can think of is they pull Lombard from his Shields matchup.....oh and Dana reiterated that Nick Diaz is still retired, but he could definitely be kayfabing.

Also, was super awesome to hear them raking Dana over the coals for his original dickhead comments about how "GSP thinks these problems are a big deal, but they're not" and what changed.
    Agree that Hendricks/Condit II would be the more competitive fight. I don't think that Hendricks will stand and bang with someone who hits as hard as Lawler (even if he does use the right hand wraps this time) and I'd expect him to take the fight to the ground and try to finish it there.

As for Conditz next opponent, I was originally hoping R-Mac, but that would involve yanking him from the Maia fight in February. I think Lombard is the most likely candidate, but whi does that leave Shields?

intersting times.

Love it.

Overly-polite GSP saying "Fuck you" to Dana and the UFC.
    Last edited by Sniggles; 12-13-2013 at 04:06 PM.

If he decides not to come back... well.. it was a hell of a ride... many great fights... and never forget "I think my groin is... pull it out and hit him with it.."

It's marketing. They know numbers are going to go down without Georges. When they pop back up with Condit vs. the winner of Lawler/Hendricks, they can call it a recovery.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Well they're different genres. I think Rh was arguing the previous statement that Rush was the best thing to come out of Canada, his point being Propaganhi is the better Canadian export. But they're a pretty obscure band, you've probably never heard of them before.

That about right Hipster Steve?
    YOU'RE OBSCURE!!!

Right now the best music (in my admittedly unpopular opinion) coming out of Canada is Protest The Hero. They're pretty progressive, technically proficient, and surprisingly catchy. Plus they easily go from singing a song from the POV of Genghis Khan (Bloodmeat), to the POV of a prison guard having to execute a prisoner he knows is innocent (Blindfolds Aside), to a song about rape culture and victim blaming (Plato's Tripartite).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wu1HuMhEk8

p.s. Yes, I do always know what GSP is thinking.

That video isn't available in my country.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Well now you know how I feel when I try to watch fight highlights from Fox cards!

I'm glad this thread is back on topic.

Propagandhi FTW.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    I'm glad this thread is back on topic.

Propagandhi FTW.

rh
    Got to see em this summer in Hali. Vandals, Lagwagon, Propagandhi. Was unreal. Oh and Rise Against headlined...but meh.

Thread Information