Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Junior dos Santos expects to fight Josh Barnett or Travis Browne next

Default Junior dos Santos expects to fight Josh Barnett or Travis Browne next

Junior dos Santos expects to fight Josh Barnett or Travis Browne next

"I believe it would (make sense to fight Barnett or Browne next)," dos Santos said. "The heavyweight division is in a great moment right now. We have great fighters, and you never know whatís going to happen in a heavyweight fight. One punch can change everything."

Barnett returned to the UFC after 11 years with a first-round TKO win over Frank Mir, and Browne won "Knockout of the Night" bonus in his last couple victories inside the cage, when he stopped Alistair Overeem and Gabriel Gonzaga.

"I donít know whatís next for me, and I donít choose opponents," dos Santos said. "Iíll be ready for anyone, but I believe my next opponent can be either Josh Barnett or Travis Bowne."
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

If he means the loser of that fight then I think that would be a good possibility.
    I think the winner of that fight has to get the next title shot.

Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    If he means the loser of that fight then I think that would be a good possibility.
    I think the winner of that fight has to get the next title shot.
    Yea, the loser or somebody else lesser ranked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

The UFC is in a tough spot with JDS. He's clearly the 2nd best HW in the world, but with the way he got thoroughly dominated two times in a row by Velasquez, you really can't give him another rematch for a long while. He'll basically just be out there picking off potential contenders. I guess eventually if those two keep winning they'll have to meet for a fourth time.

5. Default

JDS too good on one hand and not good enough on the other.

either loser of this or Big Foot

Bigfoot would be my guess.

Big Foot and JDS won't fight, they're boys. Even more so than Silva and Hunt

EDIT: Right? Or have I had too many Fat Tires for lunch?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

I believe bigfoot does alot of rolling with JDS.
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

JDS won't face the winner for sure. Otherwise he may (and probably will) take out a top contender.

You know what's weird; Cain and JDS have each had 10+ fights in the UFC in a shallow division (relative to the other divisions) and they have never shared the same opponent aside from each other.

Thread Information