+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Junior dos Santos expects to fight Josh Barnett or Travis Browne next

Is it odd that I can see Mir pulling out due to injury and JDS taking his place?

JDS has to be hoping for Cain to lose the title to someone when he fights next. Where would that put Cain if that happened and JDS regained the title?

I don't think JDS would be medically cleared to fight in February.

Probably not, but it could happen and be postponed to a later event if Mir had a significant enough injury. Likely won't happen though.

Mir's time has come and gone. He was good in his day and could hold his own in other orgs' but that last loss... meh.

Quote Originally Posted by MMA4EVERRR View Post
    Yea I remember reading that on those "30 facts about UFC 166" that is usually posted on here prior to their matchup. I think it's probably the most unusual fact that is in the UFC currently. When Cain faces Werdum, that will be the very first opponent that has fought both JDS and Cain.
    That's if Cain fights Werdum. He is out until late 2014. Specualtion on my behalf, but Werdum will probably fight the winner of Browne/Barnett.

That fact is very surprising at first, but when you look at Cains record it's really not that surprising. Out of UFC 12 fights, Cain has fought JDS three times and JDS' team mates he wont fight 3 times (Nog, Bigfoot x2). Morris, Stojnic and O'brien combined for 2 HW fights after losing to Cain. That leaves Rothwell, Cupcheik and Lesnar and JDS was scheduled to fight Lesnar but pulled out due to injury.

Edit: Carwin and Cain were also supposed to fight but that fell through due to injuries.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information