+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 11 Strawweights join UFC from Invicta for TUF, winner gets belt

Quote Originally Posted by CA_Gas Bag View Post

I still wanna see another comebacks season.
    I wanna see some Heavyweights again.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

No Katja Kankanpää? So her narrow loss to Joanne Calderwood dropped her out of the competition... that sucks.
    Favourite fighters: Mark Hunt, Tom Niinimäki and Anton Kuivanen

So isn't this just Invicta 8? Do the women who lose and don't make the finale go back to Invicta. I think it is good for the UFC and Invicta to have a partnership but I'm not sure about leasing out top fighters for an amateurish entry show only to see if they make the cut.

Best of luck to these women, they're putting themselves on the line just as the men do.

TUF 20: New UFC strawweight fighters getting paid up to $40k prior to Octagon debut

Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) announced plans on Wednesday (Dec. 11, 2013) to create a women's strawweight division with the acquisition of 11 fighters from Invicta FC. Now we have learned how much they are getting paid ... without even fighting.
    Financial information has emerged in the wake of promotion president Dana White's announcement and quite frankly, the women are coming out of the deal on top.

During Wednesday's late edition of Fox Sports Live, it was revealed that fighters will be paid at least $32,000 each prior to stepping foot inside the Octagon. Invicta's current champ Carla Esparza is the exception, as she will nab a cool $40k herself before ever throwing a punch.

It's safe to say all the fighters are getting raises, as some were said to be making as little as $1000 to show and $1000 to win. Not to mention 10 of the women will grab an $8000/$8000 split (twice) before ever stepping foot inside TUF 20 house.

32 Gs to stay healthy and prepare for the show.

*Wow, these girls will have earned more from the UFC before they even have an official fight than some fighters have earned in a year!
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Well that answers my question.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Tecia Torres: A belt will be around my waist in 2014

“I’m in no rush,” she said. “But everybody keeps asking what’s 2014 for you? What’s up for ‘Tiny Tornado?’ I say 2014, there’s going to be a belt around my waist, whether that be the Invicta belt or the UFC belt, because I don’t know what’s going to happen. But there will be a belt around my waist.”
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Quote Originally Posted by dimerules28 View Post
    Only good thing about this, IMO, is hopefully they are working towards baving enough women in the ufc so one day they will be able to put on all female cards. There is clearly a latge enough group that enjoy wmma and thats cool. But theres definetly a large group tha hates it. If wmma is really that popular put them all on one card, thats still a ufc card, and dont shove them down our throats by mixing them in with the men.
    I don't see this happening any time soon. I am pretty confident in arguing that an all-female PPV card would absolutely tank numbers wise. There is a fan base, sure, but it is nowhere near big enough for the UFC to be able to financially justify putting on an all-female card. I don't see this changing any time soon.

Women's sports simply do not draw in the numbers as well as male sports across the board and I don't see this as being any different, regardless of how creative the UFC is in selling it.

They bring in fighters who some of them lost their last fight.. like Felice and paying them 40k, yet you got Holly Holm just sitting over there, waiting. Get your mind right Dana!
    "I AM THE PUNISHMENT OF GOD, IF YOU HAVE NOT COMMITTED GREAT SINS GOD WOULD NOT HAVE SENT A PUNISHMENT LIKE ME UPON YOU."

~ Genghis Khan

holy shit I never knew about Herrig.. she is from the town right next to mine

Quote Originally Posted by Esox Express View Post
    I don't see this happening any time soon. I am pretty confident in arguing that an all-female PPV card would absolutely tank numbers wise. There is a fan base, sure, but it is nowhere near big enough for the UFC to be able to financially justify putting on an all-female card. I don't see this changing any time soon.

Women's sports simply do not draw in the numbers as well as male sports across the board and I don't see this as being any different, regardless of how creative the UFC is in selling it.
    It could work on a fight night card
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information