Thread: Diego Sanchez signs new deal with UFC, hopes to return at UFC 171

Default Diego Sanchez signs new deal with UFC, hopes to return at UFC 171

UFC Tonight ‏@UFCTonight 6m

The Dream! @DiegoSanchezUFC signed a new multi fight contract with the UFC. He hopes to return at #UFC171.
    Awesome to hear. One of the most exciting fighters ever.

Lately, he seems to be exciting only because of the amount of punishment he can take.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

http://msn.foxsports.com/ufc/story/d...-return-121113
    Sanchez signed a new multi-fight contract with the UFC recently, according to UFC Tonight’s Ariel Helwani. The 31-year-old hopes to return at UFC 171 in Dallas in March.

If Sanchez gets his wish, that probably means his next fight won’t be against Conor McGregor. The two of them have warred for the last few weeks on Twitter with McGregor getting a little ethnic, calling Sanchez “guacamole brain.”

McGregor, a featherweight, will be out until closer to summer after surgery to repair a torn ACL earlier this year. That doesn’t mean the two won’t eventually meet in the Octagon even though they fight in two different weight classes.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Lately, he seems to be exciting only because of the amount of punishment he can take.
    He dishes out plenty as well.

He needs to learn some damn head movement.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    He needs to learn some damn head movement.
    He'll move his head when it falls off. Until then he'll use it to stop punches.

He won't fight past 33 years old. He's 31 now.

Diego Sanchez vs. Myles Jury set for UFC 171

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/12/1...-vs-myles-jury

A lightweight contest pitting bonus aficionado Diego Sanchez (24-6) against undefeated prospect Myles Jury (13-0) has been scheduled for the fight card of UFC 171.

UFC officials announced the bout on Thursday.

A day after the announcement of his new multi-fight UFC contract, Sanchez, 31, returns to action after scoring his fourth ‘Fight of the Night' bonus in five contests, and seventh overall, in a thrilling three-round brawl against former Strikeforce champion Gilbert Melendez at UFC 166.

Though Sanchez ultimately lost the bout, marking his second loss over his last three fights, the absurd determination and grit he displayed, capped off by an incredible back-and-forth third round, pushed the contest among the top options for 2013's Fight of the Year.

Meanwhile Jury, 25, looks to extend his unbeaten 4-0 UFC record following a split decision victory over Mike Ricci at UFC 165. A veteran of both TUF 13 and TUF 15, Jury also holds victories over Chris Saunders, Michael Johnson and Ramsey Nijem over the course of his UFC tenure.

UFC 171 takes place March 15, 2014 at the American Airlines Center in Dallas, TX. UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones will look to defend his belt against Glover Teixeira in the night's main event.
    Seems like a huge step up for Jury and a chance for Diego to get back in the win column.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Thread Information