Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Souza: I have the style to beat Weidman

Default Souza: I have the style to beat Weidman

Souza: I have the style to beat Weidman

Ronaldo 'Jacare' Souza already has two impressive wins, but is already being talked about for a potential title fight down the road. Souza himself, is up for the challenge, and feels like he has the right mix of tools to defeat current champion Chris Weidman, or anyone for that matter:

"I have the perfect style to beat anyone, including Chris Weidman," he said. "Many people donít believe in my potential yet, but thatís how I like it. I still have much to prove, Iíve fought only twice in the UFC, but I can guarantee you that Iím ready for any challenge to prove I have what it takes to get the title.

"(Carmont) is a well-rounded fighter. He started his career in the striking area but has been taking down his opponents recently, doing a great job with his wrestling and jiu-jitsu. Itís a complicated fighter to set up a strategy, but thatís the type of challenge I like to fight."
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

This would be an incredible fight, but I think Chris has good enough wrestling defense/striking to beat him.

I think size plays a role here...I think Souza is an incredible fighter, but Weidman sports a significant length advantage, with the tools to use it adeptly.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

I think Jacare will beat Carmont pretty handily but I think Chris is just a different kind of beast. Honestly, I think the only real big threat to him at 185 is Vitor.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

...do you not think Anderson is a big threat, or was that too obvious to bother to mention?

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Obviously Anderson is a threat. With that said, I truly believe that Weidman is going to win in the rematch.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

I don`think Anderson is a huge threat I know Weidman`s style is an Anderson trumper I banked on it anyway and will again.

Styles make fights and I also believe Vitor is oneof biggest threats next to Machida
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

I don't see Chris holding the belt long if he wins the rematch anyway. Machida, Vitor, Mousasi, Souza, and Kennedy pose interesting match ups.

Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post
    I don't see Chris holding the belt long if he wins the rematch anyway. Machida, Vitor, Mousasi, Souza, and Kennedy pose interesting match ups.
    Machida, Vitor and Souza pose interesting challenges. Vitor is scary on the feet but I think Weidman beats him up badly on the ground. Weidman is a nightmare matchup for Mousasi who has terrible TDD. I think Kennedy doesn't offer Weidman anything.

10. Default

Last edited by TBEAR; 12-13-2013 at 02:04 AM.
    "...for he today who sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." William Shakespeare

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it." Helen Keller

Thread Information