Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Silva: I'll fight for someone else if White tries to force my retirement

Quote Originally Posted by the_dark_angel_4ever View Post
    Exactly, I dont see it happening, but if something terrible happened and there was a massive falling iut between DW/UFC and Anderson, they could very easily freeze him out for at least the next 5 years.
    I'm pretty sure there is something in the contract that says the ufc has to offer him a fight with in a certain period, if he is health and is looking for one that is.

Wish the title was clearer.

I also thought it was Wanderlei Silva.

I don't think anyone in their right mind is talking about retirement for Silva. If he loses, I'd like to see Silva vs. Cung Le and Machida, then have him move up to LHW, start with Shogun.
    Goodbye Mr. Burton

All in the reflexes
    Anderson Silva 5: TRT USERS 0 Hendo - Forrest - Nate - Chael... twice

I'd love to see Le make a run at the title with Anderson holding the belt. But a non title fight would be cool too, make it a 5 round main event and sit back and enjoy a kung fu movie....
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

5. Default

we got some interesting ideas in here that HAVE no chance of happing.

1. Lyoto and Anderson will not fight.

2. Le get toasted on the feet within the second rd by Anderson.

3. The idea that Anderson will walk through Weidman this time, I think is highly flawed but atleast possible.

4. Anderson will retire before long, that huge contract was to ensure he does not fight for anyone else. Anderson is almost 40--is fighting days are getting shorter and shorter by the day.
    "...for he today who sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." William Shakespeare

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it." Helen Keller

1. Lyoto and Anderson will not fight.
    I think if the title is in place Lyoto would want the shot.. whether the UFC forces Anderson to take the match is another matter though

2. Le get toasted on the feet within the second rd by Anderson.
    Yup but it'll be a fun match to watch

3. The idea that Anderson will walk through Weidman this time, I think is highly flawed but atleast possible.
    It is possible if Weidman is to tentative, but I think he's already shown he won't be intimidated by Anderson

4. Anderson will retire before long, that huge contract was to ensure he does not fight for anyone else. Anderson is almost 40--is fighting days are getting shorter and shorter by the day.
    I don't think his current age is a major factor in things at this point he's sustained very little damage over the duration of his career. For the most part he comes out of his matches unscathed. I think if he wanted to he could go into his mid forties similar to Coture if he doesn't take to much damage in his upcoming fights.

Thread Information