+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 57

Thread: Johny Hendricks vs. Robbie Lawler Will Fight for Georges St-Pierre’s Vacated Belt

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    262

    Default

    Yeah, and that was a big win.

    If Rory had won that fight EVERYBODY would be calling for him to be in the vacated title fight.

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tongan.Death.Grip View Post
    Yeah, and that was a big win.

    If Rory had won that fight EVERYBODY would be calling for him to be in the vacated title fight.
    I bet Rory is really pissed at himself for losing his fight, now that GSP is out of the way (since they both said they would never fight each other).


  3. #44
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ont. Canada
    Posts
    2,007

    Default

    5 pages in and not one person complains that Hendricks is coming off a loss. Ahh the double standard strikes again. WW tournament would have made more sense, but who cares whoever wins is only going to be a glorified interim champion until GSP OFFICIALLY announces his retirement or says hes never coming back. As long as there is the littlest bit of hope that GSP is coming back he is the champion and the others are nothing more than a place holder.

    WE'RE NOT HERE TO TAKE PART, WE'RE HERE TO TAKE OVER!!

  4. #45
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    18,432

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    5 pages in and not one person complains that Hendricks is coming off a loss. Ahh the double standard strikes again.
    Everyone is fully aware Hendricks is coming off a loss.

    A close split decision loss to the greatest WW champion ever. A loss where Hendricks has done what almost no other fighter has managed to do in the last 5 years.

  5. #46
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    I am supposed to be somewhere???
    Posts
    731

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    5 pages in and not one person complains that Hendricks is coming off a loss. Ahh the double standard strikes again. WW tournament would have made more sense, but who cares whoever wins is only going to be a glorified interim champion until GSP OFFICIALLY announces his retirement or says hes never coming back. As long as there is the littlest bit of hope that GSP is coming back he is the champion and the others are nothing more than a place holder.
    The reason nobody is complaining is because in many peoples eyes JH won the fight with GSP.
    Im a big GSP guy but this is one image i haven't been able to discount.


    H.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hendricks-pierre-post-167.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	8.3 KB 
ID:	638
    Welcome to Sunnyvale.
    No, wait..Fuck you!


  6. #47
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    998

    Default

    JH getting a title shot after a close/understandably controversial title fight loss isn't quite the same as, oh lets say, Chael Sonnen getting a title shot after getting completely/undeniably demolished in his title fight loss.
    You have to know what you don't know.

  7. #48
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ont. Canada
    Posts
    2,007

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SickNasty View Post
    JH getting a title shot after a close/understandably controversial title fight loss isn't quite the same as, oh lets say, Chael Sonnen getting a title shot after getting completely/undeniably demolished in his title fight loss.
    You're right, Chael stepped up on short notice in attempt to save a card - which resulted in my boy Bones Jones ducking him (something ive made very clear since that im still not happy he did) and Hendricks is simply coming off a loss. Remind me again, why is condit not getting the shot? Because he LOST to hendricks and GSP recently correct? So if a loss can mean so much to Condit why doesnt a loss mean the same to Hendricks?

    And completely/undeniably demolished eh, is that really how you see it? If not getting hit with 1 total shot in the first round and ending the round in mount then getting hit with a very nice knee (which came as a result from a blatant illegal short grab) is getting completely and undeniably demolished then ive seen some pretty one sided fights in my day.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    The reason nobody is complaining is because in many peoples eyes JH won the fight with GSP.
    Im a big GSP guy but this is one image i haven't been able to discount.


    H.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hendricks-pierre-post-167.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	8.3 KB 
ID:	638
    So because a person 'looks worse' that means he lost?? So we need to forget about the scoring system in place just because GSP has some bruises and cuts on his face. Question, have you seen GSP recently? Notice any scare tissue under his right eye? I bet thats pretty easy to open up now isnt it...and also remind me again where he got cut in the condit fight...was it under his right eye? Dont worry, i will save you the time and inform you that it was indeed under his right eye just like it was for the hendricks fight.



    ^ Since you love pictures so much, thats gsp post condit fight...doesnt look like a guy who won the fight does it? But we can all agree that GSP won that fight without question.



    ^ best picture i can find...look under his right eye. If you can somehow find the highlights of this interview and put it on a HD TV it really stands out.
    Last edited by BonesKnows; 12-16-2013 at 03:13 PM.

    WE'RE NOT HERE TO TAKE PART, WE'RE HERE TO TAKE OVER!!

  8. #49
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    998

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    You're right, Chael stepped up on short notice in attempt to save a card - which resulted in my boy Bones Jones ducking him (something ive made very clear since that im still not happy he did) and Hendricks is simply coming off a loss. Remind me again, why is condit not getting the shot? Because he LOST to hendricks and GSP recently correct? So if a loss can mean so much to Condit why doesnt a loss mean the same to Hendricks?

    And completely/undeniably demolished eh, is that really how you see it? If not getting hit with 1 total shot in the first round and ending the round in mount then getting hit with a very nice knee (which came as a result from a blatant illegal short grab) is getting completely and undeniably demolished then ive seen some pretty one sided fights in my day.
    I think Condit should get the shot. He is actually coming off of a win and I'd love to see him fight Hendricks again, I feel he has the skills to be a great WW champ. I just compared Hendricks getting a shot after a loss to Chael getting a shot after a loss. Chael got finished, try to lessen that fact all you want, but he got his ass beat. Can you say the same for Hendricks? No. All I'm saying is that the two scenarios are not exactly the same.
    You have to know what you don't know.

  9. #50
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Cole Harbour, Nova Scotia
    Posts
    3,872

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SickNasty View Post
    I think Condit should get the shot. He is actually coming off of a win and I'd love to see him fight Hendricks again, I feel he has the skills to be a great WW champ. I just compared Hendricks getting a shot after a loss to Chael getting a shot after a loss. Chael got finished, try to lessen that fact all you want, but he got his ass beat. Can you say the same for Hendricks? No. All I'm saying is that the two scenarios are not exactly the same.
    Condit would make a great champ and I think he beats JH more times then not.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •