Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Johny Hendricks vs. Robbie Lawler Will Fight for Georges St-Pierre’s Vacated Belt

I think Condit would have been a better choice. No doubt he'll be wearing that belt soon.

I wouldn't sleep on Lawler in this fight. Remember what did to Melvin Manhoff?

I refuse to write off Lawler. Hendricks had a great performance against gsp no doubt but he's also had some bad ones too when he doesn't get the quick ko. I like both but im pulling more for Lawler especially after he smashed Rory up lol.

I am heavily disappointed by the news of GSP vacating and leaving. I really hope he comes back.

It is awesome that Lawler is fighting for the UFC WW title though. Who would ever thought that? Hendricks VS Lawler is a really fun fight. I expect Hendricks to win, but I never count Lawler out until he's out.

The WW's are about to go into a god damned frenzy for that gold!!! It has been dropped right in the middle of a pack of rabid wolves. This shit is going to get crazy! Just think of how this is going to motivate every single WW to fight that much harder to reach contendership for their chance. Now that the very athletic, explosive, well rounded, and intelligent fighter in GSP is not guarding the belt, and there isn't another fighter like him in the WW division, it's open season for that belt and I can't see anyone keeping it for a prolonged period of time.

But no matter what happens, we won't have a champion that beat THE champion.

Oh, and I fully expect Nick Diaz to be plodding back to the scene now.

Hendricks opens as early favorite
    Johny Hendricks -260

Robbie Lawler +200
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Lawler responds to title shot: 'cool'
    @arielhelwani: I asked Monte Cox, Robbie Lawler's mgr, for Lawler's reaction to yesterday's news: "He was excited as only Robbie can be. He said, Cool.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

This is crap! Is Lawler a great future challenge? Absolutely if he fights some top ten and continues his wins. I have always felt he had the ability to be there but as others have stated already the obvious title fight is Hendricks vs Condit. Both are not only very relavent ww but both gave George all he wanted.Diaz was a horrible joke to even suggest
    never argue with a fool. people listening may not know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by classicironman View Post
    This is crap! Is Lawler a great future challenge? Absolutely if he fights some top ten and continues his wins. I have always felt he had the ability to be there but as others have stated already the obvious title fight is Hendricks vs Condit. Both are not only very relavent ww but both gave George all he wanted.Diaz was a horrible joke to even suggest
    Condit JUST fought Hendricks 6 months ago and lost (albeit close). And was coming off a loss to GSP before that. I don't think he should be rushed back into another title fight and a rematch with Hendricks just with a win over Kampmann. Let Carlos win one more then be the next challenger, should he emerge victorious.
    "I'll throw you in that armbar with a quickness/ either you're with me, or bitch you're on the shit list" - Action Bronson

Who did Lawler beat ,Kos and ? I realize Hendricks beat Condit but both are top 10,both fought close fights with George and as you daid both fought a close fight between themselves. Other than just giving Hendricks the belt, I see this rematch as the most reasonable choice.
    never argue with a fool. people listening may not know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by classicironman View Post
    Who did Lawler beat ,Kos and ? I realize Hendricks beat Condit but both are top 10,both fought close fights with George and as you daid both fought a close fight between themselves. Other than just giving Hendricks the belt, I see this rematch as the most reasonable choice.
    Lawler just beat rory as well.

Thread Information