Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What's next for the Post GSP Welterweight Division.

I think it's a horrible matchup for Lawler, but man I'm excited about the WW now. It would be just as exciting with GSP but what are you going to do. I think Hendricks will be the new champ but fall to Lombard. Who in turn loses to Condit, who loses to Hendricks.

Quote Originally Posted by Goremire View Post
    Thats definitely the smart play. I think it would be hilarious if Hendricks got overly confident, charged in and got KO'd. Surely he's not that dumb?
    That would be awesome and he does have a big ego so ya never know eh lol

I think the title fight is a bit odd, but the division is loosened up now, which is what really matters. I think it may change hands until NBK gets a shot in 2014, then it stays with him for a long while. War Condit!
    A tiger never loses sleep over the opinion of sheep.

Quote Originally Posted by Qball1974 View Post
    That would be awesome and he does have a big ego so ya never know eh lol
    I would lose my shit if that happened

The belt is going to not be defended more then twice until Rory get his shot at it ( I know) it's easy to write him off but if anyone in the WW is gunna be a long term champ it's going to be him.
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

Condit wont hold the belt if he ever even gets ahold of it, Id love for lawler to KO big rig. I just have heard all the whining and bitching i can handle from him. As for Diaz he might try to come back while GSP is away. If Shields can some how avoid the big power of Lombard i can easily see him become champ and his style could hold the belt awhile(dont want to hear boring this boring that) plus there dark horse Maia, i see him takendown waterboy and being right back in the mix and theres not alot of people who can hang with him. UFC missed out by not signing Askren here, people may not like his stlye but face the fact he can do that grind on anyone in the ufc PERIOD

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Do you think this effects Dana White's eagerness to sign Ben Askren?
    Not one bit.
    Recently he said they've talked, he's a nice kid but he's not interested in him. Now he's signed to OneFC.
    Plus, I think a few years ago Dana said what I and most other people have said about Ben: "I'd rather watch paint dry than watch a Ben Askren fight."
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

Quote Originally Posted by The Return Of...... View Post
    I do not see GSP ever coming back to WW. He said it himself a couple years ago that if he ever went up to MW to fight Silva he would do it the right way, take some extended time off, make sure he can comfortably get to the size he needs the right way, and stay at MW until he retires. I am thinking he is considering making the move, but does not want to commit until he is sure he can do it.

My other theory which is full of conspiracy is that he got Michael Jordaned. Forced to "retire" to hid the fact that he was suspended only to make his return later, only he isn't sure if he will actually come back.
    If this was the case, I don't think Dana White would have ever been so emotional in insisting that GSP owed Hendricks an immediate rematch. Dana would have already been commending him and justifying the leave of absence from the moment GSP suggested the possibility.
    "I'll throw you in that armbar with a quickness/ either you're with me, or bitch you're on the shit list" - Action Bronson

I think the division will become more exciting and suspenseful than it has been with gsp being a dominate champion for years now.

however i feel it will be like the lightweight division is right now where it is extremely competitive and exciting for us hardcore fans but the casuals wont give a shit and no one will even remotely aide the company in terms of ppv buys at least not for while.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Quote Originally Posted by The8thPlague View Post
    Not one bit.
    Recently he said they've talked, he's a nice kid but he's not interested in him. Now he's signed to OneFC.
    Plus, I think a few years ago Dana said what I and most other people have said about Ben: "I'd rather watch paint dry than watch a Ben Askren fight."
    I believe his words were "I'd rather watch flies fuck than watch Ben Askren fight." And "When Ambien can't sleep it takes Ben Askren." Not exactly flattering. Lol.

I'm really glad Rory just lost because I could see him taking the belt and I would rather see Condit get a shot at it first. I'm also betting GSP comes back at MW for super fights in about a year. This does make WW much more interesting in the near future.
    "He's got big balls. I like that." -Josh Koschek on Frank Trigg's balls.

Thread Information