Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: With Matt Brown ruled out, Tyron Woodley wants Carlos Condit at UFC 171

Default With Matt Brown ruled out, Tyron Woodley wants Carlos Condit at UFC 171

With Matt Brown ruled out, Tyron Woodley wants Carlos Condit at UFC 171
    http://www.mmaweekly.com/ufc-on-fox-...ic-at-430pm-et

UFC President Dana White expects Carlos Condit to fight at UFC 171, most likely in a No. 1 contender’s bout, and Matt Brown has been ruled out of a possible opponent. As a result, Tyron Woodley sees an opportunity.

After long-reigning champion Georges St-Pierre vacated his title and announced an indefinite break from the sport on Friday, White said Johny Hendricks (15-2 MMA, 10-2 UFC) and Robbie Lawler (22-9 MMA, 7-3 UFC) will headline UFC 171 and fight for the vacant belt.

UFC 171 takes place March 15 at American Airlines Center in Dallas. The main card airs on pay-per-view following prelims on FOX Sports 1 and MMAjunkie.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

I was almost certain this fight would be made after the Brown injury and the title being vacated. Now it's even more likely with T-Wood calling Condit out. Woodley will make it competitive but Condit is just far too skilled for him overall.
    "I'll throw you in that armbar with a quickness/ either you're with me, or bitch you're on the shit list" - Action Bronson

condit has like zero td def, Twood needs to take him down just like hendricks did. Saying Condit is to skilled for twood is crrazy. Twoods a great wrestler and condit couldnt wrestle kampman. Id take twood by dec just like hendricks did to him

Anybody think they're trying to lure Diaz in for a #1 contender rematch with Condit?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Anybody think they're trying to lure Diaz in for a #1 contender rematch with Condit?
    I am Now.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

Woodley could wrestle Condit but there's no way the whole fight would go without Condit testing his chin out. Especially with his weird combinations, flying knees and etc.

As far as Diaz, idc if he doesn't ever come back if he refuses to learn to gameplan for his opponents. Nick is very talented but fuckin hardheaded as fuck. He should try a camp at a different gym just to see what he could pick up from other gyms.

Meltzer says that Diaz was the "something Dana had in mind" for Condit since Brown was out and Diaz turned them down, asking for winner of Hendricks/Lawler instead lol.

Dana tried to lure Diaz into a rematch with Condit at 171 but Nick turned it down.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

If Woodley follows a game plan and does not try and finish him unless it comes to him; he will win. He has great wrestling and can keep Carlos on the ground for 3 rounds easily. If he keeps it standing, he will be in trouble.

Thread Information