Thread: Lyoto Machida believes Vitor Belfort contradicts himself

Default Lyoto Machida believes Vitor Belfort contradicts himself

Lyoto Machida believes Vitor Belfort contradicts himself

"He contradicts himself a lot," Machida said during a media day in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. "He says everyone should fight each other because itís professional, but then he says we shouldnít fight each other.

"Itís hard to understand. What does he mean? Why is he contradicting himself? I have nothing against him, weíre good, but weíre professionals."

Machida is still open to fight Belfort or any other top contender in the division after he faces Mousasi.

"If you want to get to the top, you canít say you wonít fight this one or that one," he said. "You have to be open to fight the best.

"Vitor has been dedicating himself a lot do he was able to get outstanding results, great knockouts, so he rightfully is the next in line for a shot at the title. He deserves all this, he was impressive this year."

Belfort is the next in line for a shot at the middleweight title, facing the winner of UFC 168ís Chris Weidman vs. Anderson Silva, and Machida sees tough opponents on the horizon for him.

"This division has tough fighters, maybe one of the most stacked divisions in the UFC," he said. "We have Anderson, Weidman, Belfort, Jacare, Mousasi and Munoz, and all of them would be top ranked in the light heavyweight division. I'll keep training hard to get there."

Machida has been training at Black House for his recent fights, but he could move his camp to American Top Team for UFC Fight Night 36.

"I donít have ties with any team so I can go where I feel Iíll get the better training partners for a specific fight," Machida said. "Iím training with Glover (Teixeira) and (Fabricio) Werdum, so maybe I can go to American Top Team to see if thatís the place where Iíll get the best sparring for me."

"The Dragon" won the light heavyweight championship when he was training with his family in Belem, Brazil, but doesnít regret moving away from his hometown.

"Itís important to have the support of your family, but when is time to move away? You have to walk with your own legs one day," he said. "Having your father to help you to get back up is good, but you need to get up by yourself and walk alone. Life goes on."
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

HAHAHA Lyoto telling it like it is. So true. Vitor is a tough guy to read.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Vitor loves contradictions, why do you think he loves the bible so much?
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

Quote Originally Posted by The8thPlague View Post
    Vitor loves contradictions, why do you think he loves the bible so much?
    You can't say that!

Quote Originally Posted by Leucoethiops View Post
    You can't say that!
    Don't worry. I was hit with lightning 5 minutes after posting that.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

Thread Information