Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: White: Nick Diaz turned down rematch with Carlos Condit for UFC 171

Quote Originally Posted by the_dark_angel_4ever View Post
    So he hasnt won a fight in over two years and wants an immediate title shot?
    I guess it was worth a shot. It still would be more justified than Sonnens LHW title shot.
    "He's got big balls. I like that." -Josh Koschek on Frank Trigg's balls.

Quote Originally Posted by RearNakedStroke View Post
    I guess it was worth a shot. It still would be more justified than Sonnens LHW title shot.
    Yes and no. Sonnen got the shot by offering to step up on short notice when no one else would. When Jones declined it developed into a story they could sell. I have no idea how they'd spin a Diaz title fight right now

I guess I just don't agree that you earn a title shot in a division that you don't hold a win in by being a company man. Diaz is at least arguably in the top 10 at WW and is a pretty decent draw.
    "He's got big balls. I like that." -Josh Koschek on Frank Trigg's balls.

Quote Originally Posted by RearNakedStroke View Post
    I guess I just don't agree that you earn a title shot in a division that you don't hold a win in by being a company man. Diaz is at least arguably in the top 10 at WW and is a pretty decent draw.
    True, but it wouldn't be the first time (Penn/Hughs 1), and im sure it wont be the last, I am fully expecting Jones to get an immediate title shot when he moves up to HW. Granted they already had belts and were coming off wins (if Jones keeps winning of course).

So how about we both agree that you shouldnt get a title fight coming off a loss, unless there was some controversy or you were the champ. :-)

Obviously it's not a big enough fight for Nick. I love watching him fight but he's delusional to a comedic level. Is it ego or dollars that is driving his demands? If it's money, I'd think he's smart enough to know that fighting anybody will pay him more than not fighting at all.

I'm kind of glad he declined the Condit fight. I think it'd be in Carlos' best interests to hold out for a 5 round main event. Few guys can hang with him in terms of durability and endurance. Even if that means headlining a smaller UFN for the time being. He just seems to get better as the fight goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Why would Nate and Gomi rematch?
    Giving Nate a winnable main event going forward and Gomi in a co-main event on a Japan card would probably be a nice draw.

Nick....stay retired. Thanks for the memories. Moving on....
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by joeodd2 View Post
    Nick....stay retired. Thanks for the memories. Moving on....
    And that's cool if he wants to do that. It sucks, but it's not up to us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Man, if that fight didn't interest Nick, then I don't know what will bring him out of retirement. I can't believe he just expects to be handed a title shot. If he beats Condit in the rematch his stock would rise tremendously.

Thread Information