Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TUF China... what's going on?

Default TUF China... what's going on?

So I just watched the 2nd Episode of TUF China & I have a few questions.

1. Are the coaches for this season even in the same weight class?
    2. How was the cast selected?
    I didn't see the 1st Episode, so I don't know if they had to fight to get into the house. But there was a guy(Li Jin Ying) who literally didn't even know how to throw a punch. Cung Le said "to stay on the show you have to go a few rounds with one of the coaches so we can see what you have." He was easily taken down and instantly covered up & the coaches just looked at each other like What The Fuck Is This!?!
    So Li Jin Ying willingly left the show.
    3. Are these guys even fighters?
    I searched a few of the names on Sherdog and nothing popped up. Another reason I ask that is because the 1st fight was really really weak. One guy was easily taken down, had his back taken, was easily flattened out, & eventually TAPPED TO STRIKES like he was Bob Sapp or some shit.
    Unless you're Bob Sapp or a huge pussy(which I guess could still be Bob Sapp) who the fuck taps to strikes?

One episode down and so far I have to say this season looks absolutely atrocious.
    I'll watch a few more and see if they start getting better.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

Ancient Chinese secret.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Ancient Chinese secret.
    Fucking Figures.
    Every time. Every Damn time!

Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

The whole thing is a money grab. Zuffa would cream their collective over priced jeans if MMA could take off in China. But there is such a lack of talent in that country. Almost a dozen other areas would have been better for a season of TUF than China.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

Quote Originally Posted by The8thPlague View Post
    One guy was easily taken down, had his back taken, was easily flattened out, & eventually TAPPED TO STRIKES like he was Bob Sapp or some shit.

Unless you're Bob Sapp or a huge pussy(which I guess could still be Bob Sapp) who the fuck taps to strikes?

Is Sonnen his coach?

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    The whole thing is a money grab. Zuffa would cream their collective over priced jeans if MMA could take off in China. But there is such a lack of talent in that country. Almost a dozen other areas would have been better for a season of TUF than China.
    I can see what you're saying.
    I'll watch one or two more episodes to see if anything good comes from it, like a High kick, some good combos, or any type of ground game.
    You'd think these guys would be somewhat good at Judo at least, and there was a good Judo toss in that 1st fight, but I'm not holding my breath for fireworks.

Igor Pokrajac, Randy Couture, GSP, Shogun have all tapped to strikes

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Igor Pokrajac, Randy Couture, GSP, Shogun have all tapped to strikes
    Damn! Really?
    Well ya get what I'm saying Smarty Pants.

So I just watched the 2nd Episode of TUF China & I have a few questions.

1. Are the coaches for this season even in the same weight class?
    2. How was the cast selected?
    I didn't see the 1st Episode, so I don't know if they had to fight to get into the house. But there was a guy(Li Jin Ying) who literally didn't even know how to throw a punch. Cung Le said "to stay on the show you have to go a few rounds with one of the coaches so we can see what you have." He was easily taken down and instantly covered up & the coaches just looked at each other like What The Fuck Is This!?!
    So Li Jin Ying willingly left the show.
    3. Are these guys even fighters?
    I searched a few of the names on Sherdog and nothing popped up. Another reason I ask that is because the 1st fight was really really weak. One guy was easily taken down, had his back taken, was easily flattened out, & eventually TAPPED TO STRIKES like he was Bob Sapp or some shit.

One episode down and so far I have to say this season looks absolutely atrocious.
    I'll watch a few more and see if they start getting better.
    I can't completely agree with your assessment. After watching the first episode, first, yes it does in fact look this season is going to be absolute shit. I also agree that the cast was not chosen properly. The guy who was kicked off/left the show in the 2nd episode is apparently a yoga instructor (noted in the 1st episode). Apparently he thought looks and ego were the only keys to victory. Then he took notice of the other real fighters and essentially shit himself, realizing he might die trying his hand at MMA.

But honestly, I thought the first fight (2nd episode) was actually very genuine of what the earlier seasons of TUF were like. It separated the real fighters from the guys who got lucky punching out the drunk d-bag at the local bar. At the very beginning of the fight, there were some nice counters from both sides, and I simply think it was a matter of who had the most training. If that fight had occurred later in the season, where the fighter who lost had more BJJ training, I'm not so sure it would have ended that way. There were some pretty damn nice counters between the 2 in the very beginning of the fight.

Damn! Really?
    Well ya get what I'm saying Smarty Pants.

Yeah I do was just saying

As for TUF China personally I wouldn't bother watching it. TUF is an already over saturated idea as is and then they start throwing regional ones together where the fighters are no where near a UFC level fighter

Thread Information