Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TUF China... what's going on?

This shit is soooo bad.
    I watched the 3rd Episode last week where it was a guy that has actually trained for a while VS a Doctor/Lawyer/Movie Director.
    Needless to say the Dr/Lawyer/Director got knocked out, so that was nice to see, but other than that it was shit once again.
    And as for this week I couldn't watch anymore after the 1st round.
    That round might have been one of the most boring rounds in all of MMA. The only fight I think might have been more boring than that is when Gonzaga made his UFC debut against Kevin Jordan.
    I am definitely done watching this TUF.
    Forget TUF China, they should rename it TUF Scrubs or TUF Cans because this shit is sad.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

I literally laughed when they refer to themselves as "players" or "contestants" and bleep out the ref's "Fight!" MMA is extremely underdeveloped in China even Cung Le couldn't believe the skill discrepancy in some of these fighters don't get me wrong there's like 2-3 maybe 4 guys that that would hold their own in the UFC but no title contenders or gatekeepers for that matter. I stopped after episode 3.
    "After Overeem lands two knees, Fujita backs into the corner then sheepishly tries sneaking past. Alistair punches him back into the corner and lands a third knee that I swear lights on fucking fire before it impacts.". -cracked version of the climax of Fujita vs Overeem fight.

Quote Originally Posted by The Sundance Kid View Post
    I get nervous when I see security guards at Target.

Quote Originally Posted by somethindarker View Post
    I literally laughed when they refer to themselves as "players" or "contestants" and bleep out the ref's "Fight!" MMA is extremely underdeveloped in China even Cung Le couldn't believe the skill discrepancy in some of these fighters don't get me wrong there's like 2-3 maybe 4 guys that that would hold their own in the UFC but no title contenders or gatekeepers for that matter. I stopped after episode 3.
    I find it weird that the guy from SIngapore who fought yesterday was rejected from TUF China, he was decent and I've been hearing, like you said, that some of the fighters are really underdeveloped.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    I find it weird that the guy from SIngapore who fought yesterday was rejected from TUF China, he was decent and I've been hearing, like you said, that some of the fighters are really underdeveloped.
    From what I've heard China isn't really interested in MMA in general because it messes with their martial arts traditions. Also that at least 60% of the fighters chosen are either friends, family or know people who got them in which is why that Yoga guy and a couple of other hobby mmartists are there, there's a term for it but I can't find the word right now. Now I'm not THAT familiar with the MMA scene in China but from what some friends and family tell me is that some of these guys are terrible representatives of the sport and most of the fighters, at least the ones that are good, leave China to train in either Korea, Japan, Russia or the US.

edit; Nepotism, that's the word. Alot of it going on in that country.
    Last edited by somethindarker; 01-05-2014 at 09:57 AM.
    "After Overeem lands two knees, Fujita backs into the corner then sheepishly tries sneaking past. Alistair punches him back into the corner and lands a third knee that I swear lights on fucking fire before it impacts.". -cracked version of the climax of Fujita vs Overeem fight.

Cung Le: UFC not to blame for inexperienced yoga instructor on ‘TUF: China’
    http://mmajunkie.com/2014/01/cung-le...-on-tuf-china/
    During a recent Q&A session in Singapore, Le (9-2 MMA, 2-1 UFC) said he was perplexed as anyone as to why welterweight Li Jinying, a yoga instructor who said he hoped to parlay his “TUF” appearance into fame, was put on the show. However, Le suggested the show’s producers, and not the UFC, are more to blame for his inclusion (go to the 4:45 mark of the above video).

“I’m not sure how many of you have seen the show, but some yoga instructor got through,” Le said. “That was not the UFC’s doing. I believe that was part of the TV show – he was from the hometown – and somehow that guy snuck under the radar.

“That was a decision I had to make. If you haven’t watched it, I won’t ruin it, but one of the coaches had to go and put a little hurt on him and let him feel what punches with four-ounce gloves feel like it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Cung Le: UFC not to blame for inexperienced yoga instructor on ‘TUF: China’
    http://mmajunkie.com/2014/01/cung-le...-on-tuf-china/
    What did their try outs include? A light jog around the block and 50 jumping jacks? When I tried out for the show I had to do some free sparring at a location, show them my fight record and hand in a tape of at least one of my fights along with a "personality" tape. Jesus.

Not tryin' to sound tough but from what I've seen if I had been on that show I woulda probably won it. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by somethindarker View Post
    What did their try outs include? A light jog around the block and 50 jumping jacks? When I tried out for the show I had to do some free sparring at a location, show them my fight record and hand in a tape of at least one of my fights along with a "personality" tape. Jesus.

Not tryin' to sound tough but from what I've seen if I had been on that show I woulda probably won it. lol.
    I wondered the same thing too. A bunch of scrubs on that show.
    And hell man, a random dude off the street with basic stand up could probably win this Season.

Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

So I just watched a few minutes of ep 5 and noticed Le speaking English. (I shouldn't have to add any questions to this to get answers.)

Quote Originally Posted by The8thPlague View Post
    I
    You'd think these guys would be somewhat good at Judo at least, and there was a good Judo toss in that 1st fight, but I'm not holding my breath for fireworks.
    Why Judo?

Quote Originally Posted by rough-n-tumble View Post
    Why Judo?
    Judo and Karate is taught in Gym classes over there. But after rechecking that, I got it confused with Japan.
    So I don't know what they teach in Chinese gym class.

Thread Information