Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shooto Brazil to feature man vs. women on Friday night

Default Shooto Brazil to feature man vs. women on Friday night

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...-Friday-night/

Guilherme Cruz writing for MMAFighting reports that Shooto Brazil 45 in Rio de Janeiro on Friday will feature a bout between a man and a woman.

Bantamweights Emerson Falcao (0-1) and Juliana Velasquez (0-0) will compete in a professional three-round bout. Falcao is part of promoter Andre Pederneira' Nova Uniao. Velasquez is part of Team Nogueira.

Falcao reported he was hurt and would be unable to fight; it was then that Pederneiras thought outside the box.

"Andre Pederneiras came up with the idea," Velasquez told MMAFighting.com. "He asked Team Nogueira for a female fighter and my team believes Iím ready, so I accepted the challenge. My expectations are the best. Iím well trained to get there and win.

"Iím used to training with man every day. Iím a professional judoka and I know the adrenaline of the competition, I know how to handle this."
    Update:

Osiris Maia, member of the Brazilian Mixed Martial Arts Confederation, the entity responsible for regulating the Shooto Brazil events, is not sure if they will allow the male vs. female fight to happen.

"Thereís nothing in the rules that specific prohibits a man to fight a woman, but when you interpret the rules you know that both athletes must be in the same level, so thereís no way a man should be allowed to fight a woman," Maia told MMAFighting.com.

"We havenít received the official card yet from the promotion, weíll get that tomorrow at the weigh-ins," he continued. "I wasnít informed about that yet. They announced it to the media only, but if you ask me if weíre allowing it to happen, I donít think so. I think itís a disparity. Weíll see whatís going on tomorrow at the weigh-ins."

yeah i read this shit this am wtf is wrong with them

Interested in seeing how this one develops.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

If the guy is hurt and unable to fight his originally scheduled opponent, doesn't that prevent him from even fighting a broomstick in a sanctioned event? If yes, then we don't even have to debate about the male vs female proposal! lol

Wow. South America is leading the way again. In this and beastiality.

I'd be ok with Fallon Fox fighting a dude. This however, is just wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

He should come out to a Chris Brown song as his entrance music.
    "I'll throw you in that armbar with a quickness/ either you're with me, or bitch you're on the shit list" - Action Bronson

If this does go down its gunna be crazy the effect on Falcao and Nova Uniao/ Pedinares careers. But I wonder how it effects the UFC's trips to Brazil.
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

I make that pussy tap out i knock that pussy out cold= lil wayne thats what came to my head after reading last comment
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

I saw a guy vs. girl fight at a kickboxing event my girlfriend was on the undercard for. The guy didn't seem to be going all out throwing KO shots, but he was keeping her at bay with jabs and leg kicks. She landed a few solid punches and kicks of her own when he seemed to be trying not to engage too much.
    Big, stocky, manly chick. I think they fought at 185 and she cut weight to get there. His opponent pulled out of the event and they couldn't find another prepared female fighter in her weight division (go figure). She pleaded to be given the chance, and he accepted. 20-18 decision for the guy (2-round fights)
    "I'll throw you in that armbar with a quickness/ either you're with me, or bitch you're on the shit list" - Action Bronson

Thread Information