Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tyron Woodley and Carlos Condit set for UFC 171

It'll be a 3 rounder, so I'll take Condit by Dec
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

I was hoping for Condit vs Ellenberger... I think Carlos will win but it will become very interesting if Condit cant stop the takedown.

Am I the only one who sees this as a potentially bad matchup for Condit? His TDD is not great and if it's only a 3 round fight i'd fancy Woodley's chances. It wouldn't be the first time that a more well-rounded fighter was blanketed to a decision loss by a dominant wrestler.

There is no percentage in Woodley trading with Condit if he can clinch on him and get him to the ground instead. With a potential number one contendership on the line why would he risk even attempting it?

I rate Condit and want him to win but I can't see this as being a lock for him, not by a long shot.

MMA judging tendencies don't favour Condit; despite his active guard. Lay and pray will play a factor; once Woodley loses confidence in his hands after Condit outclasses him on the feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Leucoethiops View Post
    MMA judging tendencies don't favour Condit; despite his active guard. Lay and pray will play a factor; once Woodley loses confidence in his hands after Condit outclasses him on the feet.
    Unless he's fighting Nick Diaz
    "I'll throw you in that armbar with a quickness/ either you're with me, or bitch you're on the shit list" - Action Bronson

Could be a great fight. I don't think either are contenders right now though.
    Goodbye Mr. Burton

All in the reflexes
    Anderson Silva 5: TRT USERS 0 Hendo - Forrest - Nate - Chael... twice

Quote Originally Posted by Y2JUBAE View Post
    So who is?
    "He's got big balls. I like that." -Josh Koschek on Frank Trigg's balls.

Carlos Condit isn't a contender in a GSPLess WW division?
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

he meant he isnt th contender right now. All these guys saying condit should be fighting for the belt are crazy, lawler is clearly a guy who should be. Shields is above condit aswell. i think woodley beats him anyway, condits weakness is td def and woodly is a beast. i got woodley and will bet on it

This is puzzling to me. Condit has been on a career-long tear, and his only recent(ish) losses are to the former champ, and current #1 contender (who beat the champ's ass, by the way). He recently avenged his loss to Kampmann, and has UFC wins over Macdonald, Ellenberger, and DHK.

Given, the win over Diaz is a little suspect, but you'd be hard pressed to find anyone in that division more qualified than Condit right now.
    Survival is Triumph Enough
    -Harry Crews

Thread Information