Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Antonio ‘Bigfoot’ Silva Fails Post-Fight Drug Test, Stripped of $50,000 Bonus

Worst part about all of this: they played way too big of a filler fight and my dvr only recorded the beginning of this epic fight, so I haven't even seen the whole fight.

Anyway, sux for Bigfoot if he didn't intentionally cheat. But rules are rules.

Also, TRT seems to be a grey area. It isn't steroids but it can be used to cheat. So if someone wants to rip someone for abusing TRT they should probably call them a cheater and not a roider. I could be wrong though.
    "He's got big balls. I like that." -Josh Koschek on Frank Trigg's balls.

I thought bigfoot had a condition that caused his body to produce too much Testosterone, which was why he failed a previous drug test. If that is the case, why the hell would he need TRT?
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

After Silva made such a big fuss over Overeem's failed tests I am very suprised by all of this.

with all this finger pointing, I hope someone doesn't take one in the eye. Good thing Koscheck isn't involved.

Quote Originally Posted by CtGreat View Post
    I thought bigfoot had a condition that caused his body to produce too much Testosterone, which was why he failed a previous drug test. If that is the case, why the hell would he need TRT?
    In short, acromegaly causes a marked increase in growth hormone, not testosterone; however, the medication used to treat it impacts hormonal levels across the board, including testosterone. Thus, he needs TRT to balance the impact the meds have and bring him back up to normal testosterone levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Tongan.Death.Grip View Post
    After Silva made such a big fuss over Overeem's failed tests I am very suprised by all of this.
    AO doesn't have acromegaly, does he?

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

5. Default

This just in, Bigfoot can cheat!
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

6. Default

Getting treatment for a disease is cheating?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Wait... what?
    So the UFC doctor is saying he only played middle man to Silva's regular doctor... who was the one that suggested he increase his dosage... so... that makes him to be aware of the whole situation, doesn't it?
    wtf?

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Getting treatment for a disease is cheating?
    anything to do with TRT is cheatingsteroids unless chael sonnen does it and then plagiarizes a joke right after.
    and it's not plagiarism if sonnen does it. He allowed those people to test his jokes on a lesser audience for him. They should be be grateful.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginmortal View Post
    Wait... what?
    So the UFC doctor is saying he only played middle man to Silva's regular doctor... who was the one that suggested he increase his dosage... so... that makes him to be aware of the whole situation, doesn't it?
    wtf?
    Tannure isn't affiliated with the UFC. He's affiliated with the Brazilian AC.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

9. Join Date
    May 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Getting a treatment and doing it outside of legal limits is cheating. But hey, he's got a big forehead, let's let him cheat!

and I thought I was the site douchebag.......

Thread Information