+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sonnen Confirms he had Colon Surgery Prior to UFC 167

So lets see...

Sonnen got surgery, had some of his colon removed & attended weigh ins on the same day. Sonnen then fought 1 day post surgery and passed the drug test (even though he would have been on pain killers for the surgery).

Sounds totally feasible.

And if this is some how real, Sonnen should be fired. Think of the risk and liability he would have brought down on the company he works for if something serious would have went wrong... Not that I believe the story in any way.

Good attempt at an excuse by Sonnen though. TSN's 'undisclosed' source was probably the American Gangster himself. Also, hard to forget all the lies Sonnen has been caught in over the past few years.
    Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 12-18-2013 at 07:03 PM.

2. Default

This is too much! do some of you believe WWE is real fighting too? Yes I read the artical, and yes the writer put he asked the question, but that doesn't make everthing out of Sonnen's mouth true. He probely did have some procedure done, but when and what was done most likely a different story. He may of had a doctors vist that day, but as Cat pointed out it was something as stated they wouldn't let him fight.

3. Default

Haters gonna hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Haters gonna hate.
    Aha you would not say the same thing if instead of Sonnen it was Belfort.

Funny how some fighters can say this (fake) stuff and some people are like "Wow he is so damn tough!", and when other fighters say the same thing people are like "He is just making excuses for his shitty performance"
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Haters gonna hate.
    You call it hating, I call it using common sense.

UFC Quick Quote: Keith Kizer confirms Chael Sonnen did not undergo colon surgery

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post

Funny how some fighters can say this (fake) stuff and some people are like "Wow he is so damn tough!", and when other fighters say the same thing people are like "He is just making excuses for his shitty performance"
    This is even worse than the 'Brazilian excuse'. At least the Brazilian's excuses have some merit to them.
    Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 12-19-2013 at 12:07 AM.

by a show of hands who actually watched the interview? Because at no point does Chael attempt to use this as some sort of excuse or try to pass it along as true. Hes asked about it and says its his job to show up the day of the fight and to do so even if he isnt 100%. He then says that he hates excuses and when Landsberg attempts to bait him with the question again Chael responds with "i lost" and nothing more. I find it astonishing how much hate this guy gets without even saying anything.

If anyone wants to watch the full interview to see what im talking about follow the link (the videos are on the right side once you click it);

http://www.tsn.ca/shows/otr/

Whatcha gonna do Brother, when the New World Order destroys you?

Chael was just butthurt that he lost

Haven't seen the fight so I can't comment on it, but I've always liked Chael.

8. 12-19-2013, 09:38 AM

9. Default

Man oh man, MMA fans are so gullible which is code for dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    by a show of hands who actually watched the interview? Because at no point does Chael attempt to use this as some sort of excuse or try to pass it along as true. Hes asked about it and says its his job to show up the day of the fight and to do so even if he isnt 100%. He then says that he hates excuses and when Landsberg attempts to bait him with the question again Chael responds with "i lost" and nothing more. I find it astonishing how much hate this guy gets without even saying anything.

If anyone wants to watch the full interview to see what im talking about follow the link (the videos are on the right side once you click it);

http://www.tsn.ca/shows/otr/

Did Chael deny the surgery? Nope. He instead went on a rant about when he signs a contract to fight he shows up to fight no matter what shape he is in and does what he has to do.

“When I sign a contract to fight, I’m agreeing to fight a guy on a certain day at a certain time and in a certain venue,” he continued. “It’s my job to feel good when I go out and do it and if I don’t that may play a hand in the fight.
    No Chael did not say he had surgery but he let Lansberg lead the sheep into thinking he did. Chael did respond with "I am suprised you have that information" or something along those lines which insinuates it might be true.

And Lansbergs unspecified source... Hmmm I wonder who that could be?

You are right though, Sonnen did say he hates excuses and Evans won the fight... But isnt that what he also said about Anderson after their second fight? Claimed he hates excuses, praised Anderson then a couple months later started to drop excuses and deny the loss.

Sonnen is selling you kids wolf tickets.

'Furious' Chael Sonnen upset 'personal medical business' made public, while TSN's Michael Landsberg clings to colon caper
    Michael Landsberg ✔ @heylandsberg
    Follow

“@LatsOfRunning: @mauroranallo He won't deny it, which to me is the same as admitting it. He just doesn't like to be seen as the excuse guy
    7:37 PM - 18 Dec 2013
    Late Wednesday evening after his appearance on "UFC Tonight," Sonnen appeared on Fox Sports 1, during which he was asked about the procedure. The self-proclaimed "American Gangster" was obviously upset; however, he still did not deny that it happened.

"My personal medical business is just that, personal, I'm furious that they were given this information."
    Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 12-19-2013 at 09:53 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information