Thread: Gustafsson on EA game: "I'm going to use Jones as a punchbag"

Default Gustafsson on EA game: "I'm going to use Jones as a punchbag"

Gustafsson on EA game: "I'm going to use Jones as a punchbag"

FO: What was your reaction to being the fans’ #1 pick?

“I am very happy to have been chosen and I feel great about it. Actually it is a little surreal, I can’t wait to see myself on the cover.

FO: Do you think that you should really be on the left side, in Jones’ spot, holding that belt?

Well yes and no. I want to beat the champion and take the belt so that is one thing, I would have been on the cover for definite then.

But the fact that it was the fans who chose me is a bigger thing to me. I really cannot believe it, it is a great honor for me and I really have to thank the fans from the bottom of my heart.

FO: Who did you expect to win?

Obviously Georges St Pierre was the favorite, never in my wildest dreams would I have imagined that I would have beaten him in the vote.

Regarding his year off, if that is what he wants to do then he should do it.

FO: Once you get a copy of the game, who are the first characters you will play as?

Jon Jones - I will fight myself and lose to myself, ha! Or I could pick Jon Jones for one side and not plug the controller in, so he just stands there and I can use him as a punching bag haha!

FO: Prediction for Jones vs. Teixeira?

I think Jones will win that fight. Glover is a tough guy but Jones has too many weapons and too many different ways to win.

FO: And your thoughts on Manuwa?

He’s a great fighter, 14 wins and 14 finishes. He is a very dangerous guy but I believe I have more skills than he has. You never know how the fight is going to go but I am going to make sure that I am the best version of Alex Gustafsson I can be.

FO: Are you happy with the fight being in London rather than Sweden?

London is close, its almost home like Sweden. I fought in the 02 before, I know the arena well and I think we will get a lot of Swedish fans coming over. I think you’ll see a lot of screaming Swedish fans.

FO: Recently we visited Alliance MMA in San Diego and to a man your team mates said “No way” does Jones want a rematch with you. Do you think he wants that rematch?

Good question. I don’t know. I hope he wants the rematch, I hope he wants to try and make a statement.

first thought that comes to mind after title is I wonder how often Rampage sits his fat ass in front of his TV and throws on the undisputed 3 and beats the bark of JJ? I bet its the highlight of his gaming life which I bet consists of alot of his week.
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

Bad news for Gus. Most athletes that don EA cover have bad years.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

Quote Originally Posted by kalebarker View Post
    So you're saying Jones is gonna lose again Glover huh.

I hope so. But, I want to see Gus take whats rightfully his against Jones!
    "Anger causes many things, baldness, impotence, waking up in the middle of the night with your hands covered in blood and you don’t know what happened. Hey, I’ve been around.” - Bas Rutten (GTA 4)

I can't wait for this game. I enjoyed the undisputed ones too but they were all fucked up.

I don't think Jones wants that rematch. Look at all the bitching he did about Gus getting easy fights. He lost the first fight and doesn't want anymore to do with fighting anybody close to his size.

Yeah. In stoked for this game as well. Wish they'd show off some gameplay already...

Quote Originally Posted by kalebarker View Post
    Calvin Johnson put rest to the ea cover curse.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    Calvin Johnson put rest to the ea cover curse.

He's faded the last 5 games or so, which coincides with the Lion's late slide right out of the play off picture. The Lions are garbage if he isn't getting 180 yards and 2 TDs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    He's faded the last 5 games or so, which coincides with the Lion's late slide right out of the play off picture. The Lions are garbage if he isn't getting 180 yards and 2 TDs.
    Over the last 5 games he has went over 100 yrds twice and hit 98 yards in another one of those games. I understand those are lower numbers than we have come to expect from the greatest wide receiver of all time but how can that be fading over 5 games. If we want to talk about anyone fading its Mathew Turnovers...i mean Mathew Stafford. 12 INT in 5 weeks is atrocious, add to that the lion inability to manage the clock based off terribly run play calls by Scott Linehan, Reggie fumbling the ball what seems to be twice a game (everygame) and you get the awfulness that have been the lions over the past 6 weeks.

Calvin is 6 yrds away from 1500 for the 3rd straight season and has 12 TDs thats just sick. Not to mention the year he broke the ea curse he also broke the single season receiving record as well.

I'm not saying he's not a great WR, I'm not saying he isn't having a great year. But the Lions are 1-4 in their last 5 games, in that stretch he's only had 1 TD. There are a lot of other factors (coaching, QB, garbage ass, etc), I'm just pointing out facts. Bear Down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Thread Information