Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dana White: ‘Everyone’ wants to see Vitor Belfort vs. Weidman-Silva winner

With the way he's fighting lately, damn right I'd like to Vitor fight either AS or CW. Excitement abounds!
    You have to know what you don't know.

I do want to see it, only not in Brazil.

If Weidman wins, should he have to go to Belforts home country to defend his title?

Although DW claims Belfort can fight anywhere and they're not hiding him in Brazil, I call Shenanigans on that one.

And if Belfort does win the title, does that mean the MW title will only ever defended in Brazil (or Canada)?, as Vitor can't use his magic-TRT-powers in the states?

Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    And if Belfort does win the title, does that mean the MW title will only ever defended in Brazil (or Canada)?, as Vitor can't use his magic-TRT-powers in the states?
    This couldn't be more inaccurate.

First, Kizer stated that he probably wouldn't grant Vitor a TUE. But Kizer is full of shit, and money talks. He talked more shit about sonnen--justifiably, I might add--and then turned around and granted chael a TUE once the money was on the table.

Second, even if Kizer had morals--I'll just pause there til the laughter dies down.

so even if Kizer wouldn't grant him a TUE, that's one state. I guarantee Cali would jump at a chance if it meant potentially rebuilding their AC and getting them back on the map. And the list would go on and on.

But in no way is Vitor barred from fighting in the US. Not even a little bit.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

everyone dana? the swarm of bisping nut huggers and bisping himself want to see vitor get the shot?
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    This couldn't be more inaccurate.

First, Kizer stated that he probably wouldn't grant Vitor a TUE. But Kizer is full of shit, and money talks. He talked more shit about sonnen--justifiably, I might add--and then turned around and granted chael a TUE once the money was on the table.

Second, even if Kizer had morals--I'll just pause there til the laughter dies down.

so even if Kizer wouldn't grant him a TUE, that's one state. I guarantee Cali would jump at a chance if it meant potentially rebuilding their AC and getting them back on the map. And the list would go on and on.

But in no way is Vitor barred from fighting in the US. Not even a little bit.

rh
    Could he? Yes its possible.

Will he? Most likely not.

And I never said he was barred from fighting in the states. He would just be tested there, and end up with high TE levels, IF he was granted his TRT exemption.

Whereas if he just stays in Brazil, they can juice the fawk out of him.

Or do you think there is no reason and it's merely a coinsidence that he keeps fighting in Brazil? It's because he's a draw there, that's why he won't fight in the states right? Mmmmmk

Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    Could he? Yes its possible.

Will he? Most likely not.

And I never said he was barred from fighting in the states. He would just be tested there, and end up with high TE levels, IF he was granted his TRT exemption.

Whereas if he just stays in Brazil, they can juice the fawk out of him.

Or do you think there is no reason and it's merely a coinsidence that he keeps fighting in Brazil? It's because he's a draw there, that's why he won't fight in the states right? Mmmmmk
    Well.......isn't that why GSP kept fighting in Canada up until his last fight? Think of the money they made with him as a draw. If the UFC wants to make money in Brazil, it makes since to have a top Brazilian fighter on the card.....and he was fairly active and the UFC and Dana loves money.

Dana said the same thing before the first fight. I didn't want to see it then (after Belfort "earned" his shot by winning a catch-weight fight), and I don't care to see it again. I do have to admit that Belfort earned a title shot far more than he did for any of the other ones, since being back in the UFC. But that really doesn't say much. If even one of his past 3 fights had taken place in the U.S., I'd think differently.

Quote Originally Posted by The Return Of...... View Post
    Well.......isn't that why GSP kept fighting in Canada up until his last fight? Think of the money they made with him as a draw. If the UFC wants to make money in Brazil, it makes since to have a top Brazilian fighter on the card.....and he was fairly active and the UFC and Dana loves money.
    GSP has never tested positive for starters. And there are ACs that test in Canada.

ah...so it's easy to make assumptions about Vitor, but not about Georges. Got it.

I'm going to reserve any type of judgment, because I don't know enough about the situation.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

10. Default

Thats what I like to see^ theres two sides to every story and a good portion of the time we don't have all the facts to pass off our judgement, but we still do it. Does Vitor deserve a title shot??? but it sure will be one heck of a lead to one.

Thread Information