Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 71

Thread: Dana White: ‘Everyone’ wants to see Vitor Belfort vs. Weidman-Silva winner

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Sackville N.B
    Posts
    3,188

    Default

    So the guy got popped once over seven years ago and suddenly he's a cheater forever. The guy is on testosterone replacement therapy. It is a legit medical procedure that is meant to help him in day to day life and not just in mixed martial arts. If a doctor prescribes it to someone who isn't a professional athlete, is that person then a bad person? no. If the doctors say it's ok and the athletic commissions say it's ok, than it's not cheating. I say get off his back and the backs of everyone else who follows doctors orders. The guy has earned his shot.

    Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    The Danger Zone
    Posts
    702

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    ah...so it's easy to make assumptions about Vitor, but not about Georges. Got it.

    I'm going to reserve any type of judgment, because I don't know enough about the situation.

    rh
    What assumption is there when one fighter has been caught juicing, uses TRT, and only fights where there is minimal if any testing). Then another fighter who volunteers to pay for additional testing to clean up the sport and get rid of performance enhancing drugs? Its apples and oranges

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    The Danger Zone
    Posts
    702

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    So the guy got popped once over seven years ago and suddenly he's a cheater forever. The guy is on testosterone replacement therapy. It is a legit medical procedure that is meant to help him in day to day life and not just in mixed martial arts. If a doctor prescribes it to someone who isn't a professional athlete, is that person then a bad person? no. If the doctors say it's ok and the athletic commissions say it's ok, than it's not cheating. I say get off his back and the backs of everyone else who follows doctors orders. The guy has earned his shot.
    Completely agree. But he should fight somewhere where he is actually tested for levels if he is going to use it. (IE anywhere but Brazil).

    Browne and Barnett are both going through additional testing. Why not Vitor?

  4. #24
    dimerules28 Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    ah...so it's easy to make assumptions about Vitor, but not about Georges. Got it.

    I'm going to reserve any type of judgment, because I don't know enough about the situation.

    rh
    And here it is... With all the smart shit you say you manage to follow it up with just absolute retardedness.. Once again vitor belfort is a juice pig that is still taking performance enhancing drugs .

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,876

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    Could he? Yes its possible.

    Will he? Most likely not.

    And I never said he was barred from fighting in the states. He would just be tested there, and end up with high TE levels, IF he was granted his TRT exemption.

    Whereas if he just stays in Brazil, they can juice the fawk out of him.

    Or do you think there is no reason and it's merely a coinsidence that he keeps fighting in Brazil? It's because he's a draw there, that's why he won't fight in the states right? Mmmmmk
    Vitor Belfor gets tested regulary to make sure his testosterone levels aren't above normal levels according to his camp and Dana White. Also, they do test in Brazil. Why would you think that they don't?
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Return Of...... View Post
    Well.......isn't that why GSP kept fighting in Canada up until his last fight? Think of the money they made with him as a draw. If the UFC wants to make money in Brazil, it makes since to have a top Brazilian fighter on the card.....and he was fairly active and the UFC and Dana loves money.
    Slight difference in GSP's case he's really the only main event caliber fighter out of Canada so that would be why it's more automatic for him to be fighting more exclusively in Canada. Where as Vitor isn't needed to main event as there is a bunch of other Brazilians that could easily main event cards there.

    Vitor is not needed in Brazil to main event like GSP was in Canada

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    The Danger Zone
    Posts
    702

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kalebarker View Post
    Vitor Belfor gets tested regulary to make sure his testosterone levels aren't above normal levels according to his camp and Dana White. Also, they do test in Brazil. Why would you think that they don't?
    Yes, let's trust Dana and Vitors camp, they wouldn't lie about something like that right?

    And their testing is horseshit. WADA has revoked their accreditation

    "The same process that has now been labeled as "non compliant" with the International Standard for Laboratories (ISL).

    The World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) recently announced it would revoke the accreditation of the LADETEC anti-doping laboratory in Rio de Janeiro. Beginning Sept. 25, the lab will no longer be authorized to carry out the testing of doping control samples on behalf of WADA or any other testing authority.

    From the official release:

    The decision made by WADA's Executive Committee marks the second time the Rio laboratory has fallen below the required standards set by WADA. The laboratory was also suspended for nine months in January 2012, before being reinstated following a WADA site visit that ensured the proper corrective actions had been implemented.
    LADETEC has three weeks to appeal the decision, which could leave the country in a lurch with no recognized accredited lab heading into the 2014 World Cup and 2016 Summer Olympic Games."

    http://www.mmamania.com/2013/8/28/46...ed-brazil-wada

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Sackville N.B
    Posts
    3,188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    Completely agree. But he should fight somewhere where he is actually tested for levels if he is going to use it. (IE anywhere but Brazil).

    Browne and Barnett are both going through additional testing. Why not Vitor?
    I agree that it should be tested and monitored to make sure that it isn't being abused *cough* Marquardt *cough* but Vitor is a huge star in Brazil so why not let him fight where he puts asses in seats? I mean you're talking like he's never fought anywhere else. Since returning to the UFC he's fought in Brazil four times and four times elsewhere. He's had four total title fights in the UFC and none of them have taken place in Brazil. I don't think that they're making him fight there to protect him, I think they're just letting one of their biggest stars fight in front of his hometown crowd.

    Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    11,935

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    What assumption is there when one fighter has been caught juicing, uses TRT, and only fights where there is minimal if any testing). Then another fighter who volunteers to pay for additional testing to clean up the sport and get rid of performance enhancing drugs? Its apples and oranges
    ah...what do you actually know about his failed test in 2006?
    His doctor actually testified that he'd given him injections to repair a torn meniscus, and that Vitor was unaware that they contained testosterone. So that automatically means he was a steroid abuser, right? Because everybody lies. Except Georges.

    If you're arbitrarily going to call people's integrity into question, I'm unsurprised that Georges' relationship with VADA--which could easily be argued as a conflict of interest--doesn't merit your concern.

    But that's OK, I'll reserve judgement on you, as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by dimerules28 View Post
    And here it is... With all the smart shit you say you manage to follow it up with just absolute retardedness.. Once again vitor belfort is a juice pig that is still taking performance enhancing drugs .
    Ah. Two incidents of fighter bashing in one post. One more gets you a trifecta. and an interweb vacation.
    You're welcome to your opinions on TRT.
    You're welcome to your opinions on Vitor, or any other fighter.

    But you'll have to voice them respectfully if you want to continue to post here.

    rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

    Yeah, Bye.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    The Danger Zone
    Posts
    702

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    ah...what do you actually know about his failed test in 2006?
    His doctor actually testified that he'd given him injections to repair a torn meniscus, and that Vitor was unaware that they contained testosterone. So that automatically means he was a steroid abuser, right? Because everybody lies. Except Georges.

    If you're arbitrarily going to call people's integrity into question, I'm unsurprised that Georges' relationship with VADA--which could easily be argued as a conflict of interest--doesn't merit your concern.

    But that's OK, I'll reserve judgement on you, as well.


    Ah. Two incidents of fighter bashing in one post. One more gets you a trifecta. and an interweb vacation.
    You're welcome to your opinions on TRT.
    You're welcome to your opinions on Vitor, or any other fighter.

    But you'll have to voice them respectfully if you want to continue to post here.

    rh
    Sure, his doctor testified, big deal. How many fighters have used that excuse "oh I didn't know what I was taking, I just let him inject me cuz he's a doctor and stuff". Doesn't change the fact that he got caught, just that he had a scapegoat to take the fall.

    And I have no idea how or why you even brought GSP into this. He's never tested positive, nor used TRT, just maybe a little grease here or there, but who doesn't?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •