Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Dana White: ‘Everyone’ wants to see Vitor Belfort vs. Weidman-Silva winner

You're Mom is clean
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

2. Default

WOW not much more to say on that. 2 good points Kevo.lol.

Yeah I want to see vitor next then machida or gegard. I really want to see machida versus belfort. Lots of good matchups.

Quote Originally Posted by Qball1974 View Post
    If Vitor's clean so is Cyborg lol
    Hahahaha!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Without blinking I bitch slapped him right across the face and grabbed him and yelled, "You go out there and beat his ass!!!" Nate "The Rock" Quarry.

"Shit just got real here in the Max!" Michael "The Voice" Schiavello at K-1 World Max Rd of 16 2010, Zambidis vs. Chahid.

I've said my peace on Vitor, time to move on. TRT or not, I'd like to see him fight the winner. I really don't think he'll be able to handle Weidman's ground game, but I do think Vitor version 2.0 could give the Spider a lot of trouble in the standup game.

As for GSP, I have to tread carefully here. I'm a huge GSP fan, almost everyone here in Canada loves him, and the truth is, there is absolutely no proof that he's ever used or abused steroids. BUT like I always say, I'm from a track and field and football background, so I'm naturally skeptical. GSP's physique has to give you pause, at least a little. I know different substances do different things, and looking like a mannequin isn't always the only (or best) way to tell, but with all the suspensions over the last 10 years, we must have some suspicions.

I don't want to slander the guy, he's been a great champion and ambassador for the sport, classy, well-spoken etc. However, this whole VADA vs. WADA thing before the Hendricks fight, and the way GSP's flesh-eating lawyers got involved doesn't instill me with more faith in him being clean.

That's my opinion, neg away if you want but I feel what I feel.
    Last edited by earle; 12-24-2013 at 03:01 PM.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Without blinking I bitch slapped him right across the face and grabbed him and yelled, "You go out there and beat his ass!!!" Nate "The Rock" Quarry.

"Shit just got real here in the Max!" Michael "The Voice" Schiavello at K-1 World Max Rd of 16 2010, Zambidis vs. Chahid.

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    Read under fouls....xxxi.

Next.
    Ok. Can you name one time where greasing of the upper body has caused a UFC fight, or any other fight using the Unified Rules, to be ruled as DQ, even have or a point deduction?

Using abusive language in fenced ring/fighting area (xxi), is also considered a Foul. I don't see Nick Diaz getting a point taken away or DQ'd, in any of his fight for talking trash and cursing at his opponent.

So even if greasing like GSP did, is technically a foul (which is debatable seeing as how it's listed twice with 2 different "punishments"), it's not an enforced one. It's certainly not a foul that is anywhere on the same level of testing positive for illegal substances, or a higher than allowed testosterone to epitestosterone level, which was compared in this threads' discussion.

7. Default

I took SimpleJacks statement as comparing TRT to greasing As read what was posted that no ban/suspension was given for greasing
    Otherwards no comparission.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Ok. Can you name one time where greasing of the upper body has caused a UFC fight, or any other fight using the Unified Rules, to be ruled as DQ, even have or a point deduction?

Using abusive language in fenced ring/fighting area (xxi), is also considered a Foul. I don't see Nick Diaz getting a point taken away or DQ'd, in any of his fight for talking trash and cursing at his opponent.

So even if greasing like GSP did, is technically a foul (which is debatable seeing as how it's listed twice with 2 different "punishments"), it's not an enforced one. It's certainly not a foul that is anywhere on the same level of testing positive for illegal substances, or a higher than allowed testosterone to epitestosterone level, which was compared in this threads' discussion.
    Lol.....wtf?

You made a statement and I cited the rule.

If you know how to read regulations you can see the difference.

The first refers to appearance which would be SEEN by the referee. He is to stop the bout to fix it. Happens all the time in boxing. The second citation deals with use to gain an advantage; similar to loading gloves.

As far as the comparison, I never made it and think its a stretch. However, in this day and age, I think its a stretch to think there are many fighters at all who have never dabbled in banned substances.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

Anderson Silva was a temporal God of MMA whose time is running out.

I want to see Weidman get laid out.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    I put him on the ignore list, so I don't see what he posts. Strongly recomend that.
    I always wondered if I was on anybody's ignore list. I haven't added anybody to mine in a while but it is a great feature of this forum.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Thread Information