Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 71

Thread: Dana White: ‘Everyone’ wants to see Vitor Belfort vs. Weidman-Silva winner

  1. #41
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Return Of...... View Post
    Your point was Vitor only fighting in Brazil. GSP fought for a long time only in Canada. He was caught greasing....is it really a stretch to say if he was greasing that he might have tried other forms of cheating? Oh but he didn't know he was getting grease rubbed over his body...................... Yea sorry but a lame as the I didn't know what the DR was doing the I didnt know my corner guy was rubbing grease on me is even lamer. I have never heard GSP say this, but that is what you seem to be implying.
    Not trying to completely destroy the rest of your post here, because you bring up valid points. But I do have to point out that greasing isn't really against the rules.
    http://www.ufc.com/discover/sport/ru...regulations#11
    The excessive use of grease or any other foreign substance may not be used on the face or body of an unarmed combatant. The referees or the Commission shall cause any excessive grease or foreign substance to be removed.
    It's not a DQ offense, or even an offense that can cause a point deduction. It pretty much equates to a fighters' corner dumping too much water on the mat, and the fight having to be paused to clean some of it up.

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    18,837

    Default

    You kids are crazy.

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    11,935

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dimerules28 View Post
    You fucking goofy ass phony motherfucker.. With what you wrote you were clearly implying gsp has
    done steroids before..
    ...uh, no. Not even close.

    With what I wrote, I was following the thread: Lunatic was indicating Vitor must be a juicer because he only fights in Brazil, and then Jedi asked why he didn't have the same concerns about Georges, who, until recently, fought mostly in Canada.

    You can deny it and dress it up however you want but woth the words you wrote and the fact that he was talking about trt (wich is a PED) definetly shows what you were talking about. Now you back down and claim " oh i was talking about greasing" you fucking lying bastard.
    ...or, I could simply let what I've written stand for itself. I reserve judgement because I don't know more than a fraction about what actually occurred...and I do it for both fighters.

    Lol your gonna give me an infraction all of the sudden for calling vitor a juice pig when ive called vitor a juice pig multiple times and you didnt say shit.. Yet as soon as i call you out, immediately boom! An infraction. What are you a little girl that cant handle someone calling you out for your bullshit.. Fact is trt is a PED and vitor has been busted juicing, so he is a juice pig.. Fuck you rivet you're a fucking joke.
    ah. that's the heart of the matter. It couldn't possibly be that I didn't give you an "infraction" because it takes more time than it's worth to give idiots warnings...until you'd posted the same fighter bashing bullshit a second time. So I didn't give you an infraction, I gave you a warning.

    Fact is, Vitor wasn't "caught juicing." the Actual facts are that he tested hot for a common treatment for meniscus repair that his doctor admitted administering. Those are actual facts, not conjecture.
    Fact is, TRT isn't "a PED." Fact is, TRT can be abused, and become performance enhancing, but one does not automatically equate to the other.

    With another, more intelligent individual, it might be interesting to go deeper into how you posit your opinions and misperception as fact, while nothing could be farther from the truth. But the bottom line comes down to: Fact is, you're an idiot.

    Have a nice vacation.

    rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

    Yeah, Bye.

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Fantasy Jewish Oklahoma
    Posts
    534

    Default

    If they do give Vitor the next title fight and it is in a state where he isn't able to get a TUE, does he decide to go without or do they look to book it elsewhere?

    I tend to think Vitor would fight for the title wherever, whether he gets a TUE or not.


  5. #46
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    9,186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Not trying to completely destroy the rest of your post here, because you bring up valid points. But I do have to point out that greasing isn't really against the rules.
    http://www.ufc.com/discover/sport/ru...regulations#11


    It's not a DQ offense, or even an offense that can cause a point deduction. It pretty much equates to a fighters' corner dumping too much water on the mat, and the fight having to be paused to clean some of it up.
    Read under fouls....xxxi.

    Next.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

  6. #47
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,469

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Return Of...... View Post
    And to the person who said there is a slight difference because there are others who could headline a Brazil card.... You are correct to an extent. If my memory is correct, there have been more Brazil cards this past year than Canada cards, the Canada cards had other headliners such as Jon Jones, and Vitor didn't headline every Brazil card.

    Its not like Anderson was fighting a lot. Or Wandy, or the Nogs. You kinda start to get limited with hometown guys after that which can truly headline a main event and make it feel like Brazil really has something. Unless you start putting on other title fights.
    I said that and yes there were more cards in Brazil then Canada many of the Brazil cards were fight night cards though so they don;t need a marquee name like Anderson Silva as an example to be on it. The point was though for Marquee names that you could justify using as main event on PPV you have GSP for Canada where as Brazil has JDS, Aldo, Barao, Anderson Silva, and Machida for non ppv cards they can easily sell a card in Brazil but putting Wandy, Shogun, Werdum, Nog, Glover, and Maia as headliners. Sure it makes sense to use Belfort here but he's far from the only option.

    It's hard to buy that Belfort is fighting exclusively in Brazil just for the name value he lends to cards when there are many other options besides him. Not that I'm accusing him of wrong doing but I'm sure it is much easier for him to compete with a TRT exemption there then it would be in the states.

  7. #48
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    12,962

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SwordofAres View Post
    Serious question. Why hasn't this guy been banned yet? He adds nothing of value to this site. Everything he posts is either fighter bashing or flaming another poster.
    I put him on the ignore list, so I don't see what he posts. Strongly recomend that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.



  8. #49
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Deep down the rabbit hole.
    Posts
    7,138

    Default

    I'm pointing and laughing at dimesucks (not actual Dimebag). Temper, temper.

    Have fun in the hole where you belong.

  9. #50
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Cole Harbour, Nova Scotia
    Posts
    3,922

    Default

    If Vitor's clean so is Cyborg lol

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •