Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Everything UFC 168: Pre & Post Fight Extras

Default Everything UFC 168: Pre & Post Fight Extras

UFC 168 preview: 68 pre-event facts about ‘Weidman vs. Silva II’ in Las Vegas
    Weidman’s six-fight UFC winning streak is tied with Francis Carmont for the longest in the middleweight division.

Weidman’s 10 MMA fights are the fewest among the UFC’s 10 male champions (both interim and undisputed).

Weidman is one of two fighters in the UFC middleweight division with an undefeated MMA record. Luke Barnatt (7-0 MMA, 2-0 UFC) is the other.

Weidman has out-struck every opponent he has faced in the UFC.

Weidman is one of nine fighters in UFC history to earn a knockout stemming from a standing elbow strike.

Weidman’s 66.7 percent takedown accuracy is tied for the fourth best in UFC history.

Weidman’s average of 4.21 takedowns per 15 minutes of fighting is the highest rate among active UFC middleweights.

Weidman has only been controlled by his opponents for a total of three seconds in the clinch and on the ground throughout his UFC career, the shortest amount of any fighter in UFC history (minimum of five fights).

Weidman currently sits as a +155 betting underdog, making him the seventh biggest champion underdog going into a title fight in the past seven years of UFC action.

Silva enters the event off the first knockout loss of his 38-fight career.

Silva’s 13 UFC middleweight victories are tied with Yushin Okami for the most in history.

Silva’s 14 knockout or submission victories are the most by any fighter in UFC history.

Silva’s 11 knockout victories are the most by any fighter in UFC history.

Silva owns or is on the very of owning several other middleweight and overall UFC records, all of which can be viewed on his complete UFC career stat sheet.

CO-MAIN EVENT

Rousey has earned all seven of her professional victories by first-round armbar.

Rousey’s total cage time after seven professional fights is 12:28, an average of 1:47 per fight.

Rousey’s five armbar submission victories in UFC/Strikeforce competition are the most by any fighter in the combined history of the two organizations.

Rousey’s submission of Liz Carmouche at UFC 157 stands as the only submission victory in 15 UFC women’s bantamweight fights.

Rousey’s 25-second stoppage of Sarah D’Alelio at Strikeforce Challengers 18 was the second fastest submission ever in the now-defunct organization’s history.

Rousey’s 54-second tap-out of Sarah Kaufman at “Strikeforce: Rousey vs. Kaufman” was the fastest submission ever in a Strikeforce championship fight.

Rousey currently sits as a -800 betting favorite, making her the eighth biggest champion favorite going into a title fight in the past six years of UFC action.

Tate is the only fighter in combined Strikeforce/UFC/WEC/PRIDE history to come back from being knocked down three times in a fight to finish their opponent. She accomplished the feat against Julie Kedzie at “Strikeforce: Rousey vs. Kaufman.”

Tate is the first female to challenge for a UFC title while coming off a loss.

Tate has earned at least one takedown in all nine of her UFC/Strikeforce appearances.

Tate’s 3.46 takedowns per 15 minutes of fighting in her Strikeforce career is the fourth highest rate for any fighter in the organization’s history.

Tate’s 18 takedowns overall in Strikeforce competition are tied for the fifth most in history.

Tate’s 11 submission attempts in Strikeforce competition are the fourth most by any fighter in company history.

REMAINING MAIN CARD

Josh Barnett’s (33-6 MMA, 5-1 UFC) four-fight UFC winning streak is tied with champion Cain Velasquez for the longest in the heavyweight division.

Barnett’s 20 submission attempts in UFC/PRIDE/Strikeforce heavyweight competition rank second in history behind Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira (56).

Barnett has earned his past eight victories by knockout or submission, and has finished his opponent in 28 of his 33 professional victories.

Barnett is 12-2 in MMA fights in which he lands at least one takedown, dating back to 2004. Oppositely, Barnett is 5-4 in that same timeframe when he is taken down at least once.

Barnett has had the longest professional career of any fighter on the card. He made his MMA debut in January 1997.

Travis Browne’s (15-1-1 MMA, 6-1-1 UFC) two-fight UFC winning streak is tied for the third longest in the heavyweight division.

At 6-foot-7, Browne is the second tallest fighter on the UFC roster (Stefan Struve).

Browne has earned 13 of his 15 professional victories by knockout or submission with 11 in the first round.

Browne has been controlled on the ground for just 45 seconds throughout his UFC career, the third shortest amount of time in UFC heavyweight history (minimum of five fights).

Browne has successfully defended all seven takedown attempts by his opponents in UFC competition.

Browne’s four UFC fight-night bonuses are the third most in heavyweight history behind Struve and Roy Nelson, who each have five.

Jim Miller’s (22-4 MMA, 11-3 UFC) 11 UFC lightweight victories are tied with Melvin Guillard for the second most in history behind Gleison Tibau (13).

Miller’s 29 submission attempts in UFC lightweight competition are the most in divisional history. He is second to Chris Lytle for the most submission attempts overall in UFC history (31).

Fabricio Camoes (14-7-1 MMA, 1-2-1 UFC) returns to competition for the since time since a UFC 148 loss to Melvin Guillard, a span of 539 days.

Dustin Poirier’s (14-3 MMA, 6-2 UFC) 385 significant strikes laded in his UFC career rank second in featherweight history behind Nam Phan (483). His 48.3 percent significant striking accuracy ranks fourth in 145-pound history.

Poirier’s three UFC featherweight submission victories are the most by any fighter in divisional history.

Poirier is the only fighter in UFC history to earn two submission wins via D’arce choke.

Diego Brandao’s (18-8 MMA, 4-1 UFC) three-fight UFC winning streak is tied for the fourth longest in the featherweight division.

Brandao’s 85.7 percent takedown defense accuracy ranks second in UFC/WEC featherweight history behind Jose Aldo (92.4 percent).

PRELIMINARY CARD

Chris Leben (22-10 MMA, 12-9 UFC) will compete in his 22nd UFC bout, tying Frank Mir and B.J. Penn for the sixth most appearances in history.

Leben enters the event on a three-fight losing streak, the longest drought of his 32-fight career.

Leben’s nine UFC middleweight knockout or submission victories are the second most in divisional history behind Silva (11).

Leben’s 1,780 total strikes landed throughout his UFC career rank first in middleweight history and third all-time behind Jon Fitch and Georges St-Pierre. His 561 significant strikes landed in 185-pound competition rank second in divisional history behind Michael Bisping (764).

Gleison Tibau’s (28-9 MMA, 13-7 UFC) 13 UFC lightweight victories are the most in history.

Tibau’s 21st UFC fight will tie him with Leben and Georges St-Pierre for the eighth most in company history.

Tibau’s 71 takedowns landed in UFC competition are the second most in organizational history behind St-Pierre (87).

Tibau has never been taken down more than once in a single bout throughout his 20-fight UFC career.

Tibau’s 91.9 percent takedown defense accuracy is the second highest in UFC history behind Jon Jones (95.8 percent).

Tibau’s total fight time of 3:49:39 in the UFC lightweight division is third most in history, behind only Sam Stout and Frankie Edgar. He can pass both with 1:30 of fight time.

Michael Johnson (13-8 MMA. 5-4 UFC) has been submitted in six of his eight professional defeats.

Johnson out-struck Joe Lauzon by a margin of 91 strikes at UFC Fight Night 26, the fourth largest disparity in a UFC lightweight bout.

Dennis Siver (21-9 MMA, 10-6 UFC) is 2-1 since dropping to the UFC featherweight division.

Siver is one of three fighters in UFC history to earn a knockout stemming from a spinning back kick (Renan Barao, David Loiseau).

Siver’s 222 total strikes landed against Nam Phan at UFC on FOX 5 stands as the single-fight UFC/WEC featherweight record.

Manny Gamburyan’s (13-7 MMA, 4-5 UFC) 25 takedowns landed in UFC/WEC featherweight competition are tied with Mike Brown for the second most in divisional history behind Chad Mendes (37).

Gamburyan’s 11.64 takedown attempts per 15 minutes of fighting is the fifth highest rate for any fighter in UFC history.

John Howard’s (21-8 MMA, 5-3 UFC) knockout of Dennis Hallman at the 4:55 mark of Round 3 at The Ultimate Fighter 10 Finale stands as the latest knockout ever in a three-round UFC fight.

Siyar Bahadurzada (21-5-1 MMA, 1-1 UFC) competes for just the second time since making his UFC debut in April 2012.

Bobby Voelker (24-10 MMA, 0-2 UFC) enters the event on the first two-fight losing streak of his 34-fight MMA career.

Robbie Peralta’s (16-4 MMA, 2-1 UFC) 23-second knockout of Jason Young at UFC on FUEL TV 5 stands as the fastest knockout in UFC featherweight history.

UFC 168 preview: A closer look at Anderson Silva’s career statistics
    http://mmajunkie.com/2013/12/ufc-168...er-statistics/
    GENERAL STATISTICS

Currently ranked as the No. 2 middleweight in the world and the No. 3 pound-for-pound fighter in the world, according to the latest USA TODAY Sports/MMAjunkie.com MMA rankings.

At 38, is the second oldest active fighter in the UFC middleweight division behind Cung Le (41).

Including UFC 168, will have fought in the main event in 16 of his 17 UFC appearances.

His 16 career UFC victories are tied with Chuck Liddell and Couture for the third most wins in UFC history behind Hughes (18) and St-Pierre (19).

Holds the UFC record for most consecutive victories with 16.

His 13 UFC middleweight victories are tied with Yushin Okami for the most in UFC history.

His 11 UFC knockout victories are the most of any fighter in organizational history.

His 12 post-fight bonuses are tied with Joe Lauzon for the most in UFC history and his six “Knockout of the Night” awards are the most in history.

Holds victories over six former UFC, PRIDE or Strikeforce champions (Vitor Belfort, Forrest Griffin, Dan Henderson, Rich Franklin, Nate Marquardt, Carlos Newton).

CHAMPIONSHIP STATISTICS

At 38, will become the second oldest fighter to compete in a UFC championship bout behind Couture, who fought for UFC gold at 45 years old.

His 13th UFC title fight will move him into third place all time behind St-Pierre (14) and Couture (15).

His 11 victories in UFC championship fights are second to St-Pierre, who has won 12 UFC title fights.

Holds the UFC record for consecutive title defenses with 10.

His 2,457-day middleweight title reign between Oct, 14, 2006 and June 6, 2013 stands as the longest championship run of any fighter in UFC history.

IN-FIGHT STATISTICS

His 67.5 percent significant striking accuracy is the highest rate of any fighter in UFC history.

His 78.9 percent takedown defense accuracy is the fifth highest in middleweight history.

Of his 16 UFC victories, has defeated his opponents by 12 different methods.

His 17 knockdowns landed in UFC competition are the most by any fighter in UFC history.

His seven knockdowns landed from the clinch position are the most for any fighter in UFC history.

One of just two fighters in UFC history to earn three knockdowns in a fight on two separate occasions. The other is flyweight John Lineker.

He is the only fighter in UFC history to force his opponent to submit to strikes from the bottom position. He accomplished the feat against Travis Lutter at UFC 67.

Has only fought past the second round four times in his UFC career and has only fought to a decision on two occasions.

Has only suffered one knockout loss in his 38-fight career.

Dana White’s UFC 168 vlog: Georges St-Pierre starstruck by Arnold Schwarzenegger
    http://youtu.be/AlhB7rZwf4A

Dana White UFC 168 video blog, Pt. 2: Behind-the-scenes during Georges St-Pierre conference call, UFC on FOX 9 in Sacramento
    http://www.mmamania.com/2013/12/26/5...-ufc-fox-9-mma

UFC fighters break down Chris Weidman vs. Anderson Silva
    http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/12/2...anderson-silva
    Will Anderson Silva claim his UFC title back? Does Chris Weidman has what it takes to shock the world once again?

Silva and Weidman will meet again at UFC 168 for the middleweight championship on Dec. 28, and MMAFighting.com asked 15 UFC fighters to break down one of the most anticipated rematch in the history.

Check out the pros picks for the UFC 168 main event, and post yours in the comments section below:

Renan Barao: I was shocked with what happened in the first fight, but we’re all humans and anything can happen in a fight. I didn’t believe it when I saw. But Anderson Silva will take the title back. Unfortunately that happened in the first fight, but that’s his fighting style. (Weidman) was lucky to connect that hand, but the next result will be completely different.

Fabricio Werdum: I see Anderson more focused, not playing around, and winning by knockout. He’ll beat Weidman standing, Weidman will go down and Anderson will punish him until the referee stops the fight. Focused, not playing around… But it’s a fight and anything can happen. Maybe there’s another surprise coming, but I don’t see this happening.

Wanderlei Silva: Anderson will win this fight. He won’t drop his hands to make it easier. If he goes there and uses his muay thai, it’s going to be an interesting fight. It’s the first time in a long time that he’s the challenger, so we have to wait and see how he’ll react to that. I hope he trained seriously because his title is not his responsibility, he’s carrying his whole country on his shoulder. He needs to take this fight seriously and bring the title back to Brazil. If he doesn’t want it anymore, win the fight, leave the belt on the ground and say "I’m done". If he wants to, fight to win.

Tarec Saffiedine: One of my friends trained with Anderson Silva a couple times and he said he looks like a monster right now, mentally and physically. I think Anderson is going to claim his belt back. Weidman didn’t respect his hands in the first one. Anderson is going to play that game a little bit, but he’s going to be more cautious this time. But betting against Weidman is tough, man. Weidman shocked the world and he might do it again. I think I’ll go with Anderson in this one.

Renzo Gracie: (Weidman) will win again, you’ll see. He’s really tough. Of course that Anderson has a big chance, he’s a fantastic man, but it’s a bad match-up (for him). Anderson uses that (taunting) to counter attack, that’s how he won a lot of fights. His history in MMA is amazing, he’s done amazing victories with that. He’s fast and hits hard, has a stand up game that nobody else can reach, but (Weidman) has a great wrestling and jiu-jitsu, and he won’t be afraid to fight standing. I always said that if someone had a chance to defeat Anderson was this kid, nobody else would.

Gegard Mousasi: I think Anderson Silva will win, maybe by decision. I believe Anderson will win this. He does that a lot of time and gets away with it and everyone recognizes him as one of the best of all times, and one time it didn’t go well. It’s a fight. Even the best fighter can lose once. I believe he’s the No. 1 guy in the division. It’s his way of fighting, but I think he’ll be more cautious this time.

Lyoto Machida: Anderson is taking his preparation really seriously for this fight. I haven’t spoken with him too much, but I know he’s training hard. He will surprise a lot of people in this fight and take his title back with a great performance. I was surprised (with the first fight) because Anderson showed he had all the tools to win, but sometimes a mistake can make you lose the fight. It always worked, but not that night. I don’t believe Weidman is that superior. I believe Anderson is way better, more experienced. Don’t get me wrong, Weidman is a nice guy, I always talk to him when we meet, and he’s a great fighter, a great champion, but Anderson is better.

Rafael "Sapo" Natal: It’s a tough fight, but Weidman will win. I knew his potential for a long time, his jiu-jitsu, wrestling and stand up game are great. But anything can happen in a fight. Anderson was completely dominating the first fight and Weidman did a great job by connecting that punch. I think it’s 50-50, but I believe Weidman has a great chance to win this fight again. If I had to pick one to win, I’d say Weidman.

Dan Henderson: Who knows? A lot depends on how Anderson Silva takes him seriously this time. I think he didn’t take him seriously before and he will now. Weidman has a great style and obviously hits hard. He looks dangerous and has the capability to beat him again. You can’t say that (doesn’t taking Weidman seriously) that is the reason he lost. He might lose again and doesn’t do that. But it definitely doesn’t help. I just wished he had done that when I fought him.

Rafael "Feijao" Cavalcante: Anderson uses that to frustrate his opponents. Imagine if you shoot five times against someone and they dodge four bullets? It’s frustrating. He’s really excited now. In my opinion, Anderson lost that fight to himself. He didn’t get in there to fight, actually. Anderson Silva is the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world, nobody can beat him. He will knock out Chris Weidman.

Maurício "Shogun" Rua: It’s a tough fight for both. Chris Weidman is a really good fighter, undefeated, and Anderson Silva is a phenom. Anderson has a little advantage in my opinion. He will be more focused this time, won’t play around. He’s more well-rounded and wins by TKO.

Vitor Belfort: Weidman can’t play Anderson’s game. Anderson will bring him to his game. Weidman will try to fight his fight and the whole world will be watching it. The important thing is that I’ll be focused in my training. No matter who I fight, I’ll be better next time. I know it’s hard for you to believe I can get better, but I will. I’ve learned a lot of things that I didn’t use yet.

Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza: I believe Anderson Silva will come back stronger and hungrier. That loss was a fuel for him. It’s a battle of styles. He lost the last time, but he will make (Weidman) pay. He will bring the title back to Brazil with a knockout.

Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva: I’ve spent two weeks in Rio with Anderson, trained with him a couple times, and he’s really focused. He’s motivated, with a completely different mindset. Fighting seriously, Anderson is unbeatable. He has good escapes on the ground and I don’t need to mention his stand up game. Sometimes a loss is more important than a win in your career. You’ll see a different Anderson Silva. It’s hard to predict how this fight will go because Weidman is a tough and well-rounded fighter, but I believe Anderson will defend the takedowns and get the knockout.

Cristiano Marcello: I think we’ll see a knockout. Anderson was dominating the first fight, forcing Weidman to move around. He’s more focused this time and (Weidman) won’t last more than three rounds.

Don Frye's epic UFC 168 predictions
    http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...8-predictions/
    With whiskey, cigars, a babe, and Don Frye, if you only watch one UFC 168 prediction video, make it this one. In fact, if you only watch one prediction video ever, this is it.

"I'm going to say things about your favorite fighter that are quite unflattering, and it's going to hurt your little feelings," predicts Don Frye. "Grow up! The world's a harsh place. You get through it, maybe. Or you get cast aside and stepped on, like the dumb $%!@ you are.

"Now get some beer, and get some takeout, and let's get ready for some high-quality violence. Let's call our bookie, place some bets, and start counting the money."

Diego Brandao over Dustin Poirier
    Jim Miller over Fabrico Camomile
    Josh Barnett over Travis Browne
    Misha Tate over Ronda Rousey
    Chris Weidman over Anderson Silva, by decision
    Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 12-27-2013 at 01:45 AM.

2. 12-24-2013, 07:41 PM

So of all the predictions Vitor spoke of himself & didn't make one point concerning the actual fight.

I hope Anderson comes in as focused as rumored & wins the belt back. If he comes in focused & loses then Weidman deserves his credit, he already does for that matter, but I see Anerson winning.

An awful lot of Brazilian fighters making predictions much less ones that have trained with Anderson doesn't really lead to a very objective article.

Diego Brandao confidently shares UFC 168 game plan for Dustin Poirier
    http://mmajunkie.com/2013/12/diego-b...to-submission/
    “I am looking for a few takedowns of my own to see how he feels on the ground,” Brandao told MMAjunkie. “I feel the key to this fight is my jiu-jitsu advantage over Dustin. I think his jiu-jitsu is good, but not as good as mine.

“I plan to get him down and catch him in a submission. I truly believe in my jiu-jitsu.”

Brandao (18-8 MMA, 4-1 UFC) meets Poirier (14-3 MMA, 6-2 UFC) in the opening pay-per-view main-card bout of UFC 168, which takes place Saturday at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.

The game plan Brandao is so candid about isn’t a product of Poirier’s setbacks inside the octagon — losses to Chan Sung Jung and Cub Swanson. While clues could be found in those appearances, Brandao is looking at something different.

“I won’t base my approach on those specific fights,” Brandao said. “I’m concentrating on the holes in his game. Everyone has holes.”

Of course, this approach didn’t come naturally. Brandao said he learned it the hard way with a loss to Darren Elkins, who outwrestled him and won on the scorecards at UFC 146.

“If you worry too much about what the other guy will do, no one can train properly,” he said. “The way I think these days is by putting together a game plan aimed to destroy my opponent.”

'Countdown to UFC 168' video
    http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/12/2...-ufc-168-video

RONDA: "I LIKE TO BACK MYSELF INTO A CORNER"
    http://www.fightersonlymag.com/conte...into-a-cornerq

Next week’s UFC 168 pay-per-view gets closed-circuit treatment in Las Vegas
    http://mmajunkie.com/2013/12/next-we...-in-las-vegas/

UFC 168 start times, fight card, TV info, fan and media events, video preview
    UFC 168 START TIME: UFC 168 takes place Saturday at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. The event kicks off with two prelims on MMAjunkie (as well as Facebook and Youtube) at 7 p.m. ET (4 p.m. PT), followed by four more prelims on FOX Sports 1 (8 p.m. ET) and the five-fight main card at 10 p.m. ET on pay-per-view.

UFC 168 BACKGROUND: In July, Chris Weidman (10-0 MMA, 6-0 UFC) ended the long reign of Anderson Silva (33-5 MMA, 16-1 UFC) atop the middleweight division and pound-for-pound rankings with a stunning second-round knockout at UFC 162 in Las Vegas. Silva was widely criticized after the loss by some saying clowning around in the cage led to him getting caught by Weidman. Although UFC President Dana White ultimate would defend Silva’s style as something he’s always done, but just didn’t have go his way this time, he quickly ordered a rematch. The card also features a second title rematch. Women’s bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey (7-0 MMA, 1-0 UFC) defends her title against the woman she took it from nearly two years ago in Strikeforce, Miesha Tate (13-4 MMA, 0-1 UFC). The two heated rivals are coming off coaching stints opposite each other on Season 18 of “The Ultimate Fighter,” and the phrase “no love lost” may have been coined just for them.

UFC 168 ON-SITE REPORTERS: MMAjunkie lead reporter John Morgan (@MMAjunkieJohn) and assistant editor Matt Erickson (@MMAjunkieMatt) will be on site in Las Vegas, as will columnist Ben Fowlkes (@benfowlkesMMA). Give them a follow for updates throughout fight week.

UFC 168 NEWS CONFERENCE THURSDAY: Six fighters on the main card – Weidman, Silva, Rousey, Tate and heavyweights Josh Barnett and Travis Browne – will be on hand for a news conference that is free and open to the public. Doors open to fans at 12:30 p.m. at Studios A & B at MGM Grand Hotel & Casino, and the news conference starts at 1 p.m.

UFC 168 WEIGH-INS FRIDAY: Friday’s UFC 168 fighter weigh-ins take place at MGM Grand Garden Arena. You can watch a live video stream here at MMAjunkie or get text-only results beginning at 7 p.m. ET (4 p.m. PT). We’ll also have a video replay and full photo gallery available afterward. The weigh-ins are free and open to the public, with doors opening at 3 p.m. PT local time.
    http://mmajunkie.com/2013/12/ufc-168...video-preview/
    Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 12-26-2013 at 12:11 AM.

UFC 168 complete odds favor Silva, Rousey, Barnett, Miller, Poirier
    http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...iller-Poirier/
    Anderson Silva (-165)
    Chris Weidman (+135)

Ronda Rousey (-800)
    Miesha Tate (+550)

Josh Barnett (-200)
    Travis Browne (+160)

Jim Miller (-400)
    Fabricio Camoes (+300)

Dustin Poirier (-220)
    Diego Brandao (+180)

Prelim Card (FOX Sports 1, 8 p.m. ET)

Uriah Hall (-325)
    Chris Leben (+250)

Gleison Tibau (-155)
    Michael Johnson (+125)

Dennis Siver (-260)
    Manny Gamburyan (+200)

Siyar Bahadurzada (-150)
    John Howard (+120)

Prelim Card (UG, 7 p.m. ET)

Bobby Voelker (-175)
    William Macario (+145)

Robert Peralta (-200)
    Estevan Payan (+160)

Barnett says it's not going to be a long fight. Then Werdum next
    http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...n-Werdum-next/
    “I see Alistair as a beatable person,” said Barnett. “I’ve seen him get knocked out in person before. I’ve also seen him clean people’s clocks… But I was surprised [Browne] was able to come back from getting dropped from a body shot like that. It goes to show intestinal fortitude will get you a long way.”

“I think [Browne's] record speaks for itself. He’s had plenty of success in the ring. He’s earned his way to his prominence in the UFC. The only real way to find out what I [think] of his skills in the ring is to go out there and fight him.”

“[It’s] striker versus grappler for the most part. But I don’t think it’s going to be a long fight.”

UFC plans to match Barnett-Browne winner at UFC 168 with Werdum
    http://mmajunkie.com/2013/12/ufc-pla...8-with-werdum/
    UFC President Dana White today said the promotion is planning to match the winner of Josh Barnett (33-6 MMA, 5-1 UFC) vs. Travis Browne (15-1-1 MMA, 6-1-1 UFC) against Brazilian standout Fabricio Werdum (17-5-1 MMA, 5-2 UFC).

White, who spoke during a news conference in support of UFC 168, did not mention a timetable for the fight, but it presumably would be set according to the health of Saturday’s winner between Barnett and Browne.
    Video replay: UFC 168 pre-fight press conference
    http://mmajunkie.com/2013/12/video-r...ss-conference/

Dana White UFC 168 pre-fight scrum video
    http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/12/2...ht-scrum-video

Anderson Silva says there's a 'great chance' he retires after Saturday night
    http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/12/2...after-saturday
    Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 12-27-2013 at 01:48 AM.

Anybody else throwing money on Tate?
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

Not I kevo. I think she succombs to a similar fate. Rousey seems to be to fast and athletic. I want to put money on weidman.

Absolutely betting on Weidman

Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Anybody else throwing money on Tate?
    Meltzer was saying that Rousey's camp has been really crammed and cramped because of her Fast and Furious shooting schedule in Georgia and that she's been crazy busy.

ill see what the odds are on Rousey in the distance or the fight going under rounds...Weidman seems like a good bet but i just cant put money against Silva

Thread Information