Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Everything UFC 168: Pre & Post Fight Extras

UFC 168 weigh-in results: Weidman-Silva, Rousey-Tate official for title fights
    http://mmajunkie.com/2013/12/ufc-168...gh-in-results/
    The full UFC 168 weigh-in results included:

MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET)

Chris Weidman (184) vs. Anderson Silva (185) – for UFC middleweight title
    Ronda Rousey (135) vs. Miesha Tate (135) – for women’s bantamweight title
    Josh Barnett (252) vs. Travis Browne (242)
    Fabricio Camoes (156) vs. Jim Miller (156)
    Diego Brandao (151.5)* vs. Dustin Poirier (146)
    PRELIMINARY CARD (FOX Sports 1, 8 p.m. ET)

Uriah Hall (185) vs. Chris Leben (185.5)
    Michael Johnson (156) vs. Gleison Tibau (156)
    Manny Gamburyan (146) vs. Dennis Siver (145)
    Siyar Bahadurzada (171) vs. John Howard (171)
    PRELIMINARY CARD (MMAjunkie, 7 p.m. ET)

William Macario (171) vs. Bobby Voelker (171)
    Estevan Payan (145) vs. Robert Peralta (145.5)
    * Brandao was 153 on his first attempt. He re-weighed to make 151.5 as his final weight. Brandao was fined 25 percent of his purse.]

Video replay: UFC 168 fighter weigh-ins
    http://mmajunkie.com/2013/12/video-r...ter-weigh-ins/

UFC 168’s Josh Barnett explains why he rarely watches MMA these days
    http://mmajunkie.com/2013/12/ufc-168...ma-these-days/
    “I think there’s too much athleticism and too little skill now,” Barnett, a former UFC heavyweight champion, tells USA TODAY Sports and MMAjunkie. “It’s far easier to be a mediocre skill guy with a lot of athleticism or a skilled guy in one area and so-so in the rest.”

You might guess what Barnett (33-6 MMA, 5-1 UFC) thinks about his next opponent, the younger and potentially faster Travis Browne (15- 1-1 MMA, 6-1-1 UFC).

“I say that Travis relies more on athletic ability,” Barnett says. “He’s improved from his first fight in the UFC, but I think it’s still a case of he knows where his bread is buttered.”
    “I’ve seen so many fights in my life at this point, it takes something special to pique my interest,” Barnett says. “It’s not because I hate watching fights. It’s just a lot of fights don’t intrigue me.”
    Anderson Silva suggests in-cage antics will remain: ‘I always have to be me’
    http://mmajunkie.com/2013/12/anderso...have-to-be-me/
    “There was one more thing: I learned that I have to be myself,” Silva tells USA TODAY Sports and MMAjunkie through a translator. “I always have to be me.”

Silva declined to elaborate on the statement. Was it the bizarre prefight buildup to the first fight, in which he proclaimed that a Weidman victory might actually be the best possible outcome? Or was it his actions inside the cage, which seemed more outlandish than usual?

With Silva, it’s impossible to know for sure. But ahead of the rematch, he insists the first fight will have no impact on the second.

“From the moment that a fight ends, that fight is in the past, win or lose,” Silva said. “Even when I was winning my fights, once it’s over, it’s over. It’s in the past, and you’ve got to look forward. It’s no different with this fight. When it was over, it was over, and now I’m looking forward to the next one.”
    Chris Weidman’s coach: Taunting ‘woven into the fabric of who Anderson Silva is’
    http://mmajunkie.com/2013/12/chris-w...rson-silva-is/
    “I expect him to do all that stuff again,” says Weidman, who has been the champ for less than six months and will defend the belt for the first time. “But to be honest, I don’t really care. I don’t spend much time thinking about what he’s going to be doing.”

That approach might have helped him succeed in the first fight where others had failed. While Silva played, Weidman attacked. It’s why he doesn’t need to change much for the rematch, he says.

“My approach is the same as last time,” Weidman says. “Work hard in training camp, and work hard when I get in the cage. Be aggressive, follow my instincts, go forward and go for the finish.”

As for what Silva has planned, Longo has studied enough film on the ex-champ to know that his approach in the first fight wasn’t something Silva came up with on the fly.

“No matter what fight you watch of his, he does that,” Longo says. “I kind of think it’s woven into the fabric of who Anderson Silva is. I think it’s going to be hard for him to change. You’ve got to remember that clowning around is a tactic. It does mesmerize guys.”
    White: Cat Zingano next for UFC 168’s Rousey-Tate winner
    http://mmajunkie.com/2013/12/white-c...y-tate-winner/
    “She’s doing good, and hopefully she stays healthy and we can get her back by summer,” White told MMAjunkie on Thursday. “She’s the No. 1 (contender). She’s numero uno.”
    White: Tate beating Rousey would second biggest upset ever
    http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...st-upset-ever/
    "Even if Miesha Tate beats Ronda Rousey I would still have to say when Matt Serra beat Georges St-Pierre, that's got to be the biggest upset ever in UFC history," White told FOX Sports Live on Thursday night.

What Tate can accomplish with a win over Rousey is jump over other notable upsets like Gonzaga defeating Cro Cop or 40-plus year old Randy Couture coming out of retirement and winning the UFC heavyweight title after 12 months away from the sport.

"It's No. 2 for sure," White said where Tate beating Rousey would fit in the all time UFC upset list.
    Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 12-27-2013 at 11:59 PM.

Few things about the weigh ins.

First, I really wonder what the fuck cause brandao to be 8 pounds over, Porier was furious and rightfully so.

second holy shit did Meisha and Ronda both looked sexy as hell at the weigh ins but what was with Ronda wearing skinny jeans and boots?

Lastly I think Silva is trying to scare Weidman again with the whole hands up serious approach he has been taking. Kind of like reverse psychology from what he has done in the past as it clearly failed last time.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

3. Default

MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET)
    Chris Weidman (184) vs. Anderson Silva (185) – for UFC middleweight title

Ronda Rousey (135) vs. Miesha Tate (135) – for women’s bantamweight title

Josh Barnett (252) vs. Travis Browne (242)

Fabricio Camoes (156) vs. Jim Miller (156)

Diego Brandao (151.5)* vs. Dustin Poirier (146)

PRELIMINARY CARD (FOX Sports 1, 8 p.m. ET)
    Uriah Hall (185) vs. Chris Leben (185.5)

Michael Johnson (156) vs. Gleison Tibau (156)

Manny Gamburyan (146) vs. Dennis Siver (145)

Siyar Bahadurzada (171) vs. John Howard (171)

PRELIMINARY CARD (MMAjunkie, 7 p.m. ET)
    William Macario (171) vs. Bobby Voelker (171)

Estevan Payan (145) vs. Robert Peralta (145.5)

* Brandao was 153 on his first attempt. He re-weighed to make 151.5 as his final weight. Brandao was fined 25 percent of his purse.
    When you're down.... you're down 4-Life

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    Few things about the weigh ins.

First, I really wonder what the fuck cause brandao to be 8 pounds over, Porier was furious and rightfully so.

second holy shit did Meisha and Ronda both looked sexy as hell at the weigh ins but what was with Ronda wearing skinny jeans and boots?

Lastly I think Silva is trying to scare Weidman again with the whole hands up serious approach he has been taking. Kind of like reverse psychology from what he has done in the past as it clearly failed last time.
    Not that I'm complaining but wtf is with squaring off in your heeled boots and sports bra / booty shorts combo... These girls are working hard to sell this fight.

Anderson has this unless Weidman wrestle fucks him.

And did Leben look jacked on Aderall or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Or knocks him the fuck out yet again.

Very true but I don't think that happens this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Very true but I don't think that happens this time around.
    Didn't think it would happen 1st time around lol

I don't see Weidman getting KO'd unless it's by a kick. He was evading Anderson's shots really well the first fight. I see Anderson getting pounded out on the ground this time, early.

Quote Originally Posted by Qball1974 View Post
    Didn't think it would happen 1st time around lol
    Touche.

I just have this feeling Anderson is going to wow us tonight… Based off nothing solid, just a feeling.

9. Default

The UFC I believe would be much better off with Anderson losing again.

Thread Information