Thread: Bisping: Never getting the chance to fight Anderson Silva would be 'tragic'

Default Bisping: Never getting the chance to fight Anderson Silva would be 'tragic'

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/12/2...n-silva-tragic
    If the 34-year old Bisping retired today, he could do so with his head held high knowing that he gave his best inside the Octagon. However, if he did hang up his four-ounce gloves without taking another fight, he would do so with one regret, "Anderson Silva is going to go down as one of the greatest fighters that ever lived.," Bisping recently said. "He's going to be like a Muhammad Ali. He's going to be a legend, simple as that. To be competing alongside Anderson Silva for so long, and not get to fight him would be tragic."

On three occasions Bisping was one win away from fighting Silva, but he came up on the losing end of those fights, getting knocked out by Dan Henderson and Vitor Belfort and dropping a decision to Chael Sonnen. All three of those losses came while Silva held the UFC middleweight title.

There's still a chance that the two fighters will cross paths, but the window of opportunity is closing for that fight. If Bisping and Silva never meet, it will be something that Bisping will seemingly lament for the rest of his days, "I don't want to be an old man talking about the UFC saying I never got to fight Anderson."

He always says that he should fight Silva but always fucks up when he gets close. There really hasn't been one time in his career where he deserved to be the number 1 contender.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Not even in a shallow division where Cote and Leites can get a title shot.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

If Weidman beats him again it could very well happen.

Bisping just wants to be remembered and the only way that will happen is if he is given a place on an Anderson Silva highlight reel.

Once Weidman defends his title on Saturday, they'll do Bisping/Silva in London.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Well once Chris shows the world he is the new MW champ and thats how it's going to be. Bisbing could be the perfect pick me up fight for old Andy when he's ready to come back.
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

I've never put him in the top 5. He's never earned a shot at Silva.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Over-rated!

I like that fight. I know Bis would lose but he's got a awesome boxing style that would make an interesting fight and the fact that he would be getting knocked out in highlight reel fashion is just a bonus.
    Goodbye Mr. Burton

All in the reflexes
    Anderson Silva 5: TRT USERS 0 Hendo - Forrest - Nate - Chael... twice

Thread Information