+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Brock coming back or just hype?

This Saturday Night, Brock and Undertaker end up seated within a few rows/seats apart and come to a stare down in the stands when Ariel interviews one of them. WWE returns the favor on Monday Night Raw with Jones and Texeira. Watch it go!

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    You're probably right but I don't see Werdum subbing him.
    I do. Particularly if Werdum survives into the second round and lesnar is gassed. Werdum doesn't have an awesome tank, but it's faaaaaaar better than lesnar's.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Do you feel he subbed Fedor because he's superior in grappling or because Fedor was overly aggressive and arrogant?
    Werdum was at the time--and could still be argued to be--the best HW grappler on the planet.
    Fedor wasn't arrogant. He's a killer grappler himself. One of the things about Fedor was that he was always there to test himself, particularly at that point in his career. He wasn't a guy to jab his way to a victory, or to lay and pray. He was going to try to beat strikers striking, grapplers grappling.

It was in reference to everyone saying he wouldn't crack the top 5 his first stint and he won the title.
    He won the title against an amazingly shallow pool. Zuffa didn't even have half of the top 10 fighters at that point.

I've said it before, he didn't dive in like some wildman. He was working within it and when the triangle setup started he bounded back but hit the cage and fell directly back in. Inexperience in a cage had a lot to do with that sub. Not taking away from Werdum at all.
    Yes. I get tired of the revisionist "Fedor was arrogant" bullshit as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MIZjitsZOU View Post
    I would shit myself if they announced fedor vs Brock.
    I honestly think that's the only shot of lesnar returning. A one-off for both of them for looooong dollars. For a one-off, I wouldn't even be surprised if zuffa let M1 co-promote and opened up Asian/Baltic markets. Last I checked, Fedor/Arlovski was still the single most-watched fight in MMA history.

rh

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

wait....did you just say Genki Sudo unretired?

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Jones/Lesnar as Bones' HW debut would be huuuuuuuuuuge.

But it's not happening.
    This would be insane. I think a card headlined by the return of Lesnar and Jones's HW debut would break the PPV record pretty easily, but you're right - never gonna happen.

WrestleMania is coming, a little hype never hurts, maybe have Brock vs. Taker at WM 30, I assume Dana and Vince get together once a month or so and laugh at TNA and Bellator while gambling away 10k every 30 seconds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan Fight Club View Post
    well now I've seen War Machine's dick. fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Ill go against the grain.
    Werdum via triangle
    Someone needs to cheer for those poor souls.

5. Default

Aren't Dana and Vince chummy? At least on good speaking terms?

Cant see it happening...

Power move by UFC/WWE to finish off TNA/Bellator?
    I could actually see this a s a possibility. I read rumors a week or so ago that the WWE is trying to move to the Fox networks, for a huge amount of money. But at the same time, Bellator signed an agreement to broadcast on Fox Sports Latin America.

Aren't Dana and Vince chummy? At least on good speaking terms?
    Yes, they've had meetings together in the past to discuss air quote Business un air quote. And they probably go to the ballet together or count their stock options together or hunt homeless people together or whatever it is insanely rich people do for amusement together.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

The fact that this thread is 4 pages already shows the influence Brock has. Although I do think it is just hype I would love for him to be back if he is in good fighting shape but I don't want to see him just come in and get destroyed like he did at the end of his run.

However,any type of UFC WWE crossover crap would infuriate me.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information