Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Brock coming back or just hype?

Quote Originally Posted by CA_Gas Bag View Post
    I wouldn't call a guy who stepped into the cage someone who "tucked his tail between his legs and ran".

His career up to UFC 100 has been mentioned already, so I won't rehash it here.

After going through his first round of diverticulitis, he faced Shane Carwin (who up to that point finished everyone he faced in the first round)

Cain Velasquez (who was also undefeated at the time and only went the distance once against Cheick Kongo)

Signed on to fight Junior dos Santos (who knocked out everyone he faced in the UFC except Roy Nelson) only pulling out due to another bout of diverticulitis.

And he came back from that to face Alistair Overeem (who was coming off a K1 championship win and was on a tear, albeit against mostly lesser competition). And in that fight, Overeem kicked him in the midsection which had to be excruciating after the surgery.

That's only three fights, and he went 1-2 in those. He already had millions before signing on with the company. It wasn't about money, it was about proving he was capable of beating anyone in a fight. He didn't always succeed, but he did better than most probably would have.
    That's one way of looking at it. But training to be a pro wrestler is also physically demanding. Its not like he said "i cant continue competing due to health issues, im done". He went back to his wwf/e stuff.

S=E you're a moron. Getting upset because you love your fake fighting is laughable. Yet you enjoy coming in here and bashing ppls favorite fighter when they lose just to get a reaction. Your opinion to me really doesn't matter because I know what a tool you are already.

OT: my point is there shouldn't be any hype for a guy who left the sport for wrestling (idc that he came from it).Since Dana knows he's a draw, he'll probably get a shot at Werdum for an interim belt or a title shot.There's no point in that stupidity. The HW division is nowhere near as shallow as it was when he was champion. I don't even care to see a Carwin rematch.

Lol its pretty easy to get under your skin. Cry more

Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post
    So your posts don't really have a lot of actual content.

We get it. You hate brock, you hate fake wrestling. You hate guys who like fake wrestling. All of which is understandable, but doesn't need to be repeated.

I'd never try to argue that brock was overhyped, overrated, and was never as skilled as people made him out to be.
    But he was a legitimate fighter. He was/probably is better than guys who are currently in the UFC. He would beat the majority of the HW fighters still under contract more times than he'd lose to them. That doesn't mean he's a top 5 HW. But it also doesn't mean that he was never a fighter.

When I posted criticisms of the way Sakara interpreted brock's resume, it wasn't dismissing the resume entirely, or brock's accomplishment's entirely. It was an attempt to keep things in perspective and cut through some of the exaggeration due to hype.

But you're exaggerating in the other direction, which is just as odious.

brock was a legitimate fighter. He did a great job, given the amount of training he had, given the situation he was in. He broke into the elite, and deserved a solid top 5 ranking at his peak. He never balked at a fight [Jones, Anderson and Georges could all take a lesson from that] and he learned from every fight he was in. Just because he wasn't the greatest thing ever to happen to MMA doesn't mean he was never a fighter.

So please, think before you post.

The forum doesn't need more spurious nonsense.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	towelie.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	9.4 KB 
ID:	647

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    So your posts don't really have a lot of actual content.

We get it. You hate brock, you hate fake wrestling. You hate guys who like fake wrestling. All of which is understandable, but doesn't need to be repeated.

I'd never try to argue that brock was overhyped, overrated, and was never as skilled as people made him out to be.
    But he was a legitimate fighter. He was/probably is better than guys who are currently in the UFC. He would beat the majority of the HW fighters still under contract more times than he'd lose to them. That doesn't mean he's a top 5 HW. But it also doesn't mean that he was never a fighter.

When I posted criticisms of the way Sakara interpreted brock's resume, it wasn't dismissing the resume entirely, or brock's accomplishment's entirely. It was an attempt to keep things in perspective and cut through some of the exaggeration due to hype.

But you're exaggerating in the other direction, which is just as odious.

brock was a legitimate fighter. He did a great job, given the amount of training he had, given the situation he was in. He broke into the elite, and deserved a solid top 5 ranking at his peak. He never balked at a fight [Jones, Anderson and Georges could all take a lesson from that] and he learned from every fight he was in. Just because he wasn't the greatest thing ever to happen to MMA doesn't mean he was never a fighter.

So please, think before you post.

The forum doesn't need more spurious nonsense.

rh

Nope. No problem with fake wrestling or that he came from it. I also didn't discredit his earlier accomplishments. I said if he would have went into mma earlier he could have been a monster.

My point is simple. He went back to wrestling when competition got stiff, stay there. Im sure with GSP gone Dana is trying to throw some money at him for a comeback which is pointless for anything besides a draw. I don't care to watch him come back to start turtling up again. The guy already reached his peek in this sport, there's nothing more for him to try to prove here besides get embarrassed at this point.

Its not my fault I don't share the same opinion as some ppl here. Some ppl like to get offensive because I don't share their opinions. Sak is the first one to run to the keyboard when someone loses just to try to get a rise outta ppl. Apparently he can't even handle someone disagreeing with him.

Point is simple. No Brock should not come back and get some pointless undeserved fight (which he definitely will). We will then hear Dana say a million more times "this guy is for real". You wanna bring him back? Make him fight a Bigfoot, Mark Hunt, or Miocic kind of opponent. Definitely not no headline (which is pretty much a given).

Brock vs Nelson would be fun and likely a top of card fight.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

7. Default

1inthechamber if you don't make any fight Brock would be in a co/main event than business wise your a moron. What ever you want to say about him is fine, but not being a draw isn't one of them.

Maybe there is some merit to this. Apparently there is going to be a pre-show press conference with Dana and Lorenzo, at 6PM EST.

http://www.ufc.com/media/168-special-presentation

EDIT: Nevermind, it's about their new pay service.
    Last edited by Spoon; 12-28-2013 at 05:52 PM.

he threw the best straight right hand of his career in the heath herring fight. if he seriously goes in and trains against real boxers and kickboxers, getting his ass kicked in the gym and learning. then he'd be almost unstoppable. problem with Brock is he had a designer training camp. his only sparring partner wasn't very good and let Brock use him like a punching bag. he has to be challenged and even humbled in the gym if he expects to have the same fire in the cage. At this point in his life thought, what would be the point? he has money, a family, has nothing to really prove or fight for.
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Thread Information