Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Brock coming back or just hype?

Power move by UFC/WWE to finish off TNA/Bellator?
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Well considering he already cracked the top 5 and won the title...
    Well obviously I meant at this point in the time space continuum. Why would I be referring to 2008, Doc Brown?

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    I don't think they need any help in that regard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

3. 12-27-2013, 02:53 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Do you feel he subbed Fedor because he's superior in grappling or because Fedor was overly aggressive and arrogant?
    Little bit of both. I wouldn't say Werdum has a big grappling advantage over Fedor, but definitely a BJJ advantage. Though Fedor diving head first into Werdum's guard certainly wasn't the brightest idea in the world.

I think this could be a powerplay to get himself the most publicity and possibly get some sort of bidding war up between UFC and WWE.

Brock's pencilled in for a WM30 match with Taker and I wouldn't doubt that Brock might be holding WWE up for a bigger payday given how they've booked him and since he's jobbing at WM to Taker. With GSP retired for the time being, they need a big draw, shelling out for Brock could be something they need to boost buyrates

IMO, UFC either announces his return for after WM(because I believe he's signed for one more year with WWE for limited dates, although I don't know if it's exclusive, but as I said above, he could be holding WWE up and using UFC as leverage) or the UFC is just using him to work some sort of synergetic promotion with WWE's Rumble/Mania run, which is the only time of year that matters to Vince.

Brock is both shrewd and flaky, so really nothing would surprise me here, he's a mercenary cat that draws massive money. Probably something underwhelming, hell maybe the UFC HOF.....maybe we'll get a Festivus miracle and they'll announce Brock vs. Fedor, since Dana has previously stated they'd been working on that not too long ago and it had fallen through. They need to pop the business and that'd be a good one.

That would be smart by Vince and I would not put it past him to try an dust off TNA since they are suffering right now. They have shortened their model to just 3-4 PPV's a year and now will hold big events on Spike. I could see Vince trying to push to get rid of TNA this coming year.
    I believe Bellator has a year or two left in them but hell I thought Strikeforce would have been around a few seconds longer.
    [CENTER]"The time is almost upon us....
    I will remake this pathetic orb in my image, and then the stars."
    Apocalypse

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Little bit of both. I wouldn't say Werdum has a big grappling advantage over Fedor, but definitely a BJJ advantage. Though Fedor diving head first into Werdum's guard certainly wasn't the brightest idea in the world.
    I've said it before, he didn't dive in like some wildman. He was working within it and when the triangle setup started he bounded back but hit the cage and fell directly back in. Inexperience in a cage had a lot to do with that sub. Not taking away from Werdum at all.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    .maybe we'll get a Festivus miracle and they'll announce Brock vs. Fedor, since Dana has previously stated they'd been working on that not too long ago and it had fallen through. They need to pop the business and that'd be a good one.

I've said it before, he didn't dive in like some wildman. He was working within it and when the triangle setup started he bounded back but hit the cage and fell directly back in. Inexperience in a cage had a lot to do with that sub. Not taking away from Werdum at all.
    He shouldn't have jumped into his guard in the first place. Let him up and get to standing again.

But who the hell am I to question Fedor on fight strategy?
    Last edited by KevoOnTheRadio; 12-27-2013 at 03:18 PM.

I would shit myself if they announced fedor vs Brock.

Thread Information