Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Brock coming back or just hype?

Given some of the lackluster PPV buy rates, the loss of GSP as a draw and the low numbers on the FS1 and FOX shows, the potential of bringing back Brock would do crazy business, as I do not think his drawing power has wained and while his last two WWE PPVs have been down, that's WWE's fault and horrible booking, not Brock as a spectacular DRAW.

I just subscribed free trial should be worth it lol
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

Hate on him as a person all you want, but Lesnar is an athlete that wanted to continually challenge himself. It may not have worked out in every aspect (the NFL) but he had success in mma and for someone who got into the sport late I think he did an admirable job. For those of you that want to poo poo his WWE work simply because you are not a fan of the business I would request that you try it yourself just once. Step into a ring with even a small time indy wrestler and see if you can "fake it" for more than five minutes. I would bet a fair amount of money on you not making it.

As for his mma run, it was hindered by two very serious surgeries, operations that would end most athletes careers period. Saying he quit because competition got stiff is laughable at best. If you had a large part of your intestine removed prior to fighting a K1 champion then had said roided up Kickboxer drill you in the same spot you just had surgery on, you might rethink your career choice as well. Everyone wants to say Brock got handed everything and maybe thats partially true but keep in mind he never asked for cans and he never had any real amateur fights either. He jumped in head first and for that I respect him.

not a sermon just a thought and yes I do love pro wrestling as much as I do mma, I also know just how much training goes into both
    Believe in Chimichanga's

Quote Originally Posted by lwbrewer View Post
    1inthechamber if you don't make any fight Brock would be in a co/main event than business wise your a moron. What ever you want to say about him is fine, but not being a draw isn't one of them.
    Before calling me a moron, learn how to read. I know he's a draw, that's why I said Dana would throw money at him to come back since gsp is gone.

UFC 200. Fedor vs Brock.

Anything else is a let down

and just for the record Brock isnt coming back anytime soon
    Believe in Chimichanga's

Quote Originally Posted by lwbrewer View Post
    And I stand behind my comment if brock came back anything other than a headline spot would be a moron business move. I understand you don't think he has earned it as a fighter, but your last line was "diffentely not no headline"
    And I'm not disagreeing with that. There's obviously money to be made off his drawing power. I just don't like how they are hyping it up nor the possibility ofhim sskipping guys who are busting their asses for a shot.

Brock had some time off to juice the back the muscle he lost during the surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Brock had some time off to juice the back the muscle he lost during the surgery.
    SHow me one positive test for Lesnar...ever
    Believe in Chimichanga's

Thread Information