Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fighter who had the most important win of their career this year.

Chris Weidman is the obvious choice.
    I'd also go with Rafael dos Anjos beating Donald Cerrone, Phil Davis over Lyoto Machida and Mighty Mouse knocking Benevidez out cold. That was a big one for him.

Would have said Weidman if he wasn't about to fight in a day and could lose all of what he gained.

I will go with Anthony Pettis.

Quote Originally Posted by VimyRidge View Post
    Would have said Weidman if he wasn't about to fight in a day and could lose all of what he gained.
    I think a lot of us are thinking Weidmans most important win will come tomorrow should he win the match. Not that I agree but because of Anderson's actions people don;t think the first win was a legit one.

Lawler over Rory came to mind for me.

Then there's Rampage over Joey Beltran.

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

Anderson Silva. Tonight when he beats Weidman.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

Quote Originally Posted by VimyRidge View Post

I will go with Anthony Pettis.
    I don't think a loss will lose everything he gained. He still KO'd the best MW ever to fight in a cage.
    I'm sure there are going to be people who clamor that it was a fluke or some bullshit if Anderson wins--but that is a stupid and ignorant statement.

But we'll see about it all tomorrow, I guess.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

7. Default

Not a popular one but Michael Johnson absolutely destroying Joe Lauzon.

8. Default

rh it would be hard not to say A Silva looked like he was clowning around in the 1st fight. With that said it still took a highly skilled fighter to stay focused to KO Silva.

Quote Originally Posted by lwbrewer View Post
    rh it would be hard not to say A Silva looked like he was clowning around in the 1st fight. With that said it still took a highly skilled fighter to stay focused to KO Silva.
    Silva himself said that he wasn't "clowning," that he was fighting the best fight he could. Anderson is used to sporting a significant reach advantage. He uses that advantage when he's "clowning" to stay just out of range of his opponents, relying on superior head movement to set up counters. He's done that his entire career. But he didn't have the reach advantage on Weidman, and he paid for it. It wasn't a fluke, it was a miscalculation.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Surprised no one has mentioned Vitor, TRT controversy aside, he has managed to get himself into MW title contention with his win over Hendo.
    A good friend is a person who will bail you out of jail at three in the morning, your best friend is the guy sitting next to saying "that was awesome!"

Thread Information