Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fighter who had the most important win of their career this year.

I think once the shock wears down and people realize there is an art to checking leg kicks, Weidman wins this.

I mean, there are going to be ignorant haters, but fuck them. I just hope the ignorant non-haters have to catch up with reality at some point.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

I would say Weidman as clearcut number 1 since he beat Silva twice now. Behind him at number 2 would be Travis Browne for sure.

Weidman even before the second fight against Anderson, because if he didn't win the first fight he would have probably been kept out of the title picture for awhile, if not ever. Seeing as he would of been matched against Vitor and thats a fight he could lose, and still might.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan Fight Club View Post
    well now I've seen War Machine's dick. fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Ill go against the grain.
    Werdum via triangle
    Someone needs to cheer for those poor souls.

How can you say checking leg kicks when every fighter does it riv lol. What Weidman angled his leg that much better?

And yes I train before you ask me that.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders18 View Post
    How can you say checking leg kicks when every fighter does it riv lol. What Weidman angled his leg that much better?

Easy before he starts coming at you full force with insults for disagreeing with you.

OT: Browne had a big win yesterday. So did Weidman again but this win will still leave a lot of ppl questioning his hype (Silva fans more specifically).

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders18 View Post

I know you train.

And yes, I'd say Weidman angled his knee very intentionally to take the upper flat of Anderson's shin.
    I see a lot of guys who check pulling away from the kick, Weidman is moving forward, angling the knee. He's not looking to just lessen the impact, he's looking to maximize impact, but to dictate the angle make it hurt Anderson.

They were a textbook perfect low check. As in more than one.

And no, not every fighter does it. There are a ton of fighters who don't even bother to check kicks--cue Rampage for the bulk of the last 4 years. But I wouldn't be surprised if we saw more serious injuries to the kicker every opponent checked like Weidman did, with the amount of sloppy, slapping leg kicks in today's MMA.

rh
    Last edited by rivethead; 12-29-2013 at 01:59 PM.
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

7. Default

1, are you just following Riv around? Is so cute.

Says the guy who get's so butthurt about anything here. Sak, you're a joke.

Also Sak I'm having an honest MMA conversation, which you would no nothing about. But that's that's cute though.

10. Default

Also Sak I'm having an honest MMA conversation, which you would no nothing about. But that's that's cute though.
    Are you 1inthechamber?
    There are many paths to freedom....not all are peaceful.

Thread Information