Page 29 of 43 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC 168 Discussion

Anybody heard anything new on the Brock front?

Quote Originally Posted by JPeezy View Post
    Anyone got a link to the post fight presser?
    Hasn't started yet but here you go

http://www.ufc.com/media/168-post-presser
    My Favorite Fighters

1)Gray Maynard 2)Dan Henderson 3)Minotauro Nogueira 4)Wanderlei Silva 5)Roy Nelson 6)Tim Boetsch 7)Mark Hunt 8)Shogun Rua 9)Lyoto Machida 10) Connor McGregor

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Hahaha. You bring up stereotypical haters of Weidman and you act like a stereotypical nuthugger.

Phil Baroni is not a douche. You are. Celebrate the end up Anderson's career via an injury. It makes you look great,
    Weidman dominated the entire fight, why should he not celebrate? It's unfortunate that it ended in injury but acting as if Silva's leg breaking takes away from a dominant victory than you are a fool.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

For some reason I'm always thinking it should be Chris The Rain Weidman instead of "All american".
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

That end was such a bummer. I don't care who you're a fan of you shouldn't be happy because of this outcome. That's a person who just suffered a serious, I have to think most likely career ending injury. That sucks. Weidman is champ sure, he won both fights fair and square... But I for one am bummed at the outcome. I bet weidman is too...

To say I am gutted is an understatement, Silva is my favourite fighter (perhaps should use was instead as he will not be back).

However, props to Weidman, he had Silva in trouble in round 1 and made him look normal in round 2, excited to see what happens against BelforTRT when they fight but have a feeling he has the tools to be champ for a while.

Hope Silva is ok and can retire being the GOAT (IMO anyway).

Hoping for a great 2014 and a whole host of great fights, this for sure has been a brilliant year!!!
    Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.

Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    Anybody heard anything new on the Brock front?
    He is getting his cock-chest tattoo enlarged.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDoucheyWun View Post
    For some reason I'm always thinking it should be Chris The Rain Weidman instead of "All american".
    After tonight, I think "The Crippler" nickname was freed up.

On a positive note, this might be the most competitive the MW division has ever been. We had years of Rich Franklin dominating mediocre competition then Silva dominating everyone. Now we have Weidman, Belfort, Machida, and Souza all on the scene. It's a pretty tough and deep pool for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by Twist of Lemon View Post
    Anyone championing the ending of that fight is really reaching for a reason to celebrate....

On one hand, it's the end of Anderson Silva's career. That kind of injury takes years to come back from. Ending on that note is supremely depressing and as a Silva fan, it's enough to make my stomach churn.

On the other hand, Weidman looked good in the first but winning the fight like that did nothing for the notion that Silva lost the first fight by fucking around. And as a fan of MMA that was likely the worst finish you could have hoped for.

Just bad all around.
    agree 100%, maybe Chris woulda continued to dominate, maybe Silva was just getting loose and was gonna put him to sleep. unfortunately we will never know for sure and poor Wiedman still wont get the respect he deserves. Such a shitty way to end the career(most likely) of arguably the best fighter to date. I can def see Wiedman defending for a while, the only guy at 185 I see beating him is Machida, I don't think he'll be able to take Machida down very easily.
    Bow down before me as you will surely fall if you challenge me

Thread Information