Page 30 of 43 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC 168 Discussion

This was a night of good fights with disappointing endings for me

Was hoping to see Barnett win but Browne showed that he is for real. Meisha/Rouesy was a good fight but I think it'll be the last Rouesy fight I watch. I really can't stand she is the antithesis of everything I like about the sport.

All I can say about the ending to Anderson/Weidman is "unfortunate" . Weidman was looking like he was on the way to proving the first fight was no fluke. This ending will leave room for some to question the legitimacy of his wins.

Sad to see a great career ending like that.
    My Favorite Fighters

1)Gray Maynard 2)Dan Henderson 3)Minotauro Nogueira 4)Wanderlei Silva 5)Roy Nelson 6)Tim Boetsch 7)Mark Hunt 8)Shogun Rua 9)Lyoto Machida 10) Connor McGregor

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    you act as if it was a freak thing and Weidman did nothing to deserve it. He checked the kick perfectly and was dominating the entire fight.

Weidman is the champ case closed I see douche bags on twitter crying for an immediate rematch GTFO here Silva got stopped twice in a row and was losing both fights when it happened. Silva is fucking 38, he isnt indestructible anymore.
    I will agree wholeheartedly that Weidman dominated the fight - nobody could conceivably argue otherwise, to be sure. I was simply arguing that the finish of the fight in itself was entirely neutral, and to celebrate it as a finish win (in the sense of a true finish) via 'checked leg kick' for Weidman is a bit disingenuous at best. You can't take anything away from Wediman here, but to credit him as having conceived this leg-kick-finish strategy is, as I see it, incredulous.

Quote Originally Posted by JPeezy View Post
    Apparently I'm in the minority here, but I like heel Rousey more than the baby faced one. Let her be a bitch. At least she's real about her hatred for her opponent before, during, and after the fights.
    People hated and loved Tyson. Rousey is no Tyson, but she had everyone where I was watching the fight going nuts over her domination.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    Anybody heard anything new on the Brock front?
    I was assuming there would be some kind of in-ring announcement if they were planning on bringing him back. Did they show him on camera at all?? I was expecting to see him at least once if he was in attendance.

I do not keep up with kickboxking. How often does that type of break happen? To you guys that do watch kickboxing a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Esox Express View Post
    I will agree wholeheartedly that Weidman dominated the fight - nobody could conceivably argue otherwise, to be sure. I was simply arguing that the finish of the fight in itself was entirely neutral, and to celebrate it as a finish win (in the sense of a true finish) via 'checked leg kick' for Weidman is a bit disingenuous at best. You can't take anything away from Wediman here, but to credit him as having conceived this leg-kick-finish strategy is, as I see it, incredulous.
    If Chris shot for a takedown and Silva threw his knee into his face and KO'd him would that be legit? Same shit bro

Has the press conference start yet?

Don't mean to play devils advocate here, but with all this discussion here, lets be real.

Lets say things went a little bit differently. Lets say that Anderson landed that leg kick and shattered Chris' leg. Would everyone here have the same reaction as they are having now?

Not that everyone wouldn't be in agreement, that it's a tragic event. But I doubt people here would be talking about it in the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Esox Express View Post
    I was assuming there would be some kind of in-ring announcement if they were planning on bringing him back. Did they show him on camera at all?? I was expecting to see him at least once if he was in attendance.
    Meltzer wrote today that Lesnar is playing both sides against the middle with regards to WWE and UFC offers, trying to up his price tag with a bidding war and given the GSP loss and now, Anderson too, Meltzer mentioned that while Lesnar is unlikely to comeback given his health, if the money is right he'd be down, so he's testing the waters. Was curious if they'd mentioned anything further...

I was thinking maybe, since tonight was such a big card, they'd announce him for the UFC HOF and do something synergetic with his WWE WM run....

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Don't mean to play devils advocate here, but with all this discussion here, lets be real.

Lets say things went a little bit differently. Lets say that Anderson landed that leg kick and shattered Chris' leg. Would everyone here have the same reaction as they are having now?

Not that everyone wouldn't be in agreement, that it's a tragic event. But I doubt people here would be talking about it in the same way.
    NO everyone would be talking about how amazing the leg kick was and how Silva is the greatest.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Thread Information