+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 43 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC 168 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by optimusjoel View Post
    If Chris shot for a takedown and Silva threw his knee into his face and KO'd him would that be legit? Same shit bro
    A knee is a legitimate defense to a takedown. A checked leg kick hurts, no doubt, but nobody checks a leg kick and expects their opponents leg to snap in half. Totally different. If someone gets KO'd by a knee while they're shooting for a takedown it isn't considered a freak accident, and thus it happens fairly often. To compare that to this is to put apples up against oranges.

Quote Originally Posted by Esox Express View Post
    I will agree wholeheartedly that Weidman dominated the fight - nobody could conceivably argue otherwise, to be sure. I was simply arguing that the finish of the fight in itself was entirely neutral, and to celebrate it as a finish win (in the sense of a true finish) via 'checked leg kick' for Weidman is a bit disingenuous at best. You can't take anything away from Wediman here, but to credit him as having conceived this leg-kick-finish strategy is, as I see it, incredulous.
    No but he did check the leg kick which if he didn't do the fight wouldn't have ended. It wasn't his strategy but it attributed to the dominant performance.

Weidman fought an amazing fight and these fuckers on twitter are saying "immediate rematch" and that Weidman got lucky. God fucking damnit casuals are retarded.

That second paragraph wasn't aimed at you its about these arguments im having on twitter with ass sore silva fans who probably only watch MMA when SPortscenter tells them to.

Frank Mir made a good comeback, but he was younger. I don't know....such a depressing way to have things settled.

At least with Fedor, you could see the decline after his fights after getting submitted; you could see that he was just at the end of his career. Here it's just a shitty deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Esox Express View Post
    A knee is a legitimate defense to a takedown. A checked leg kick hurts, no doubt, but nobody checks a leg kick and expects their opponents leg to snap in half. Totally different. If someone gets KO'd by a knee while they're shooting for a takedown it isn't considered a freak accident, and thus it happens fairly often. To compare that to this is to put apples up against oranges.
    That's coming from ignorance though. Checking leg kicks is to hurt your opponent. That's why you always hear someone saying Aldo is very susceptible to breaking his leg because of how hard he throws his kicks, which is exactly what happened to him against TKZ. The reason why you don't see it very often is because a lot of fighters don't check kicks and a lot of fighters don't have the power in their kicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginmortal View Post
    Has the press conference start yet?
    It's starting any minute now. They just changed over to the "beginning shortly, please stand by" screen of the stream.

I can't believe I won money off such a shitty anticlimactic win. Shit happens in this sport but to celebrate off something like this is a joke. Silva's career has to be over. Weidman doesn't hold the belt long anyway imo, I said it before.

In a way, I'm glad Silva lost because I don't think anybody is stopping Belfort at this point in his career. Say what you wanna say but he's a man on a fuckin mission lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Or Weidman eats an epic headkick.
    I guess it all depends on if the fight takes place in Brazil or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    It's starting any minute now. They just changed over to the "beginning shortly, please stand by" screen of the stream.
    Thanks! I wasnt sure if I was having issues on my side...

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMage View Post
    Frank Mir made a good comeback, but he was younger. I don't know....such a depressing way to have things settled.
    And let's not forget the Mir "comeback" fights against Vera and Cruz, where he got destroyed and the unimpressive bouts against low ranked guys like Christison and Hardonk. He had a helluva long road back and even then, I think a lot of his latter success is suspect due to potential PEDs usage.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information