Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 LastLast
Results 401 to 410 of 426

Thread: UFC 168 Discussion

  1. Default

    I don't think his skills sharply decreased at all in my opinion.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful



  2. #402
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    NY--->MIA
    Posts
    8,283

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VimyRidge View Post
    Dana White said that it cracked from an earlier kick and then snapped on the last one.
    so then why the fuck was he throwing a full force kick after he already cracked it.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"


  3. #404

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    I don't think his skills sharply decreased at all in my opinion.
    Honestly, I think Fedor was never comfortable fighting inside the cage, his style never adapted to it and if screwed him over big time in a couple fights. He lost some speed as he aged, but it was more his athletics that decreased rather than his actual skill set.



  4. #405
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by initial_zen View Post
    Honestly, I think Fedor was never comfortable fighting inside the cage, his style never adapted to it and if screwed him over big time in a couple fights. He lost some speed as he aged, but it was more his athletics that decreased rather than his actual skill set.
    Agreed.
    I've said many times in the past that it is much easier to transition from a cage to a ring than it is vice-versa.

  5. #406

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    so then why the fuck was he throwing a full force kick after he already cracked it.
    Most fighters kill the nerves in their shin by constantly kicking the heavy bag or using other training methods. Mix that in with the adrenaline from the fight and I wouldn't be surprised if he barely felt the first small fracture.



  6. #407
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    2,317

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by initial_zen View Post
    Honestly, I think Fedor was never comfortable fighting inside the cage, his style never adapted to it and if screwed him over big time in a couple fights. He lost some speed as he aged, but it was more his athletics that decreased rather than his actual skill set.
    His stand up devolved into simply throwing hay makers with little to no set up. Also if you watch the Werdum fight, he had so many opportunities to escape but didn't. Not the same man who out grappled so many great fighters. I personally think it was the pressure of winning and the new atmosphere (fighting in America).

  7. #408
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,068

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by optimusjoel View Post
    His stand up devolved into simply throwing hay makers with little to no set up. Also if you watch the Werdum fight, he had so many opportunities to escape but didn't. Not the same man who out grappled so many great fighters. I personally think it was the pressure of winning and the new atmosphere (fighting in America).
    I also think his mind was out of fighting near the end of his career, hard to stay sharp after 10+ years of professional fighting, no longer a hungry lion but someone who is thinking of whether or not to retire.

  8. #409
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    2,317

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VimyRidge View Post
    I also think his mind was out of fighting near the end of his career, hard to stay sharp after 10+ years of professional fighting, no longer a hungry lion but someone who is thinking of whether or not to retire.
    Who knows if he was even allowed to retire, his handlers were some sketchy dudes.

  9. #410
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    9,533

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by optimusjoel View Post
    His stand up devolved into simply throwing hay makers with little to no set up. Also if you watch the Werdum fight, he had so many opportunities to escape but didn't. Not the same man who out grappled so many great fighters. I personally think it was the pressure of winning and the new atmosphere (fighting in America).
    He did the proper escape, but he bounded into the cage and fell into perfect position. Watch a .gif of it.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •