Page 27 of 43 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC 168 Discussion

Looks like ZUFFA will be going hard forward with Cain, Jones and Weidman as their "big three" stars, and I suppose you can put Pettis in there if he can stay healthy and MightyMouse with a few more wins.

No GSP/Silva EVER now sucks, I'm thinking that Weidman defeats Vitor unless Captain Asterisk can get some sort of fountain of youth exemption in Nevada....

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    I don't think you know what a freak injury is.

Anderson breaking his leg walking in to the octagon, that's a freak injury.

Breaking your leg by a perfectly timed check isn't a "freak" injury.
    Aside from Corey Hill, how often has a checked leg kick resulted in a break in that manner?

Corey Hill's leg break was considered a freak injury in that is was an aberration.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDoucheyWun View Post
    I thought spider's had 8 legs.
    He's just doubled the number of bones in his shin, he's working on it.

Terrible way for this fight to end, especially as this injury will put Silva out for a lengthy spell at best, and could result in him retiring at worst. Although the chances of Silva fighting Bisping just went up, so silver linings, etc.

So wait, a fighter who wins a title should only celebrate under certain conditions that makes sure nobody is butt hurt by? Did Weidman really even celebrate anyway?

Anyone got a link to the post fight presser?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AS Break.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	8.8 KB 
ID:	649

Goddamnit, why do my pictures always come out small?

Terrible, turrible way to end what was otherwise a stellar PPV. The last fight of the year we're left with the memory of Silva's leg snapping like a twig and his career likely being over. At least he make 600,000 for it I suppose, that's enough to retire on.

I think it's a TKO win due to injury really. And I agree with it being a 'freak' incident because the purpose of checking the kick is to discourage your opponent from throwing more, not to break their leg.

Either way, it leaves a sour taste for the end of the year and his career. To think the greatest (or one) of all time gets taken out by a checked kick. Things like this make me think GSP won't come back, not just the injury and possibly years of rehab, but also the previous loss to Weidman. He'd be the only one to walk away from the sport on a winning streak and his legacy and not going out on a loss.

All in all it was a good card, other than that tough 'break' for Silva. Browne looked great, although those elbows might've been close to the back of the head. Tate took Rousey into deep water, and as much as I wanted to see her lose, those judo throws were sick. Miller was good, Poirier should be up for a title shot soon, and Hall beating Leben after the 10 second left mark was brutal, time to hang em up for Leben and Silva I suppose
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AS Break.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	8.8 KB 
ID:	648  
    Last edited by Sick_Lunatic; 12-29-2013 at 12:44 AM.

Anyone championing the ending of that fight is really reaching for a reason to celebrate....

On one hand, it's the end of Anderson Silva's career. That kind of injury takes years to come back from. Ending on that note is supremely depressing and as a Silva fan, it's enough to make my stomach churn.

On the other hand, Weidman looked good in the first but winning the fight like that did nothing for the notion that Silva lost the first fight by fucking around. And as a fan of MMA that was likely the worst finish you could have hoped for.

Just bad all around.

I don't know how anyone can discredit the checked kick or the fact that Weidman just about put Andy to sleep while Andy had him
    in the clinch (One of Andys best positions).

Simply blows to see his career end like that but my only issue with the outcome is dumb fucks are gunna talk about this win
    like the last win and shit bugs the hell out of me . Ive banked on Weidman being champ since before Munoz.
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

It's unfortunate, but honestly at 38 I don't see Anderson coming back from that. I'd love if he proved me wrong, but he almost wrapped his foot around Weidman's shin.

Thread Information