Page 32 of 43 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC 168 Discussion

Does anyone else think that Silva had an injury prior to this fight? Ive seen leg kicks checked thousands of times in both MMA and kickboxing; I have NEVER seen someones leg do that off of a checked kick..........that was fucking gruesome.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by JPeezy View Post
    Another intelligent contribution by CTGreat.

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    No but he did check the leg kick which if he didn't do the fight wouldn't have ended. It wasn't his strategy but it attributed to the dominant performance.

Weidman fought an amazing fight and these fuckers on twitter are saying "immediate rematch" and that Weidman got lucky. God fucking damnit casuals are retarded.

That second paragraph wasn't aimed at you its about these arguments im having on twitter with ass sore silva fans who probably only watch MMA when SPortscenter tells them to.
    Anyone saying immediate rematch is obviously trolling. No one can honestly think Anderson would even be able to fight a rematch.
    My Favorite Fighters

1)Gray Maynard 2)Dan Henderson 3)Minotauro Nogueira 4)Wanderlei Silva 5)Roy Nelson 6)Tim Boetsch 7)Mark Hunt 8)Shogun Rua 9)Lyoto Machida 10) Connor McGregor

Quote Originally Posted by optimusjoel View Post
    That's coming from ignorance though. Checking leg kicks is to hurt your opponent. That's why you always hear someone saying Aldo is very susceptible to breaking his leg because of how hard he throws his kicks, which is exactly what happened to him against TKZ. The reason why you don't see it very often is because a lot of fighters don't check kicks and a lot of fighters don't have the power in their kicks.
    I get that, and I understand that checking leg kicks is a vital aspect of any gameplan against someone with that kind of power. I guess my point was ultimately that this was a pretty shitty way to end a fight that had a lot more potential... especially given that this injury might be a career-ending one for Anderson.

Quote Originally Posted by SwordofAres View Post
    Anyone saying immediate rematch is obviously trolling. No one can honestly think Anderson would even be able to fight a rematch.
    Exactly I do not know why I wasted my time arguing with those idiots but it just makes me mad that they still aren't respecting Chris.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Quote Originally Posted by CtGreat View Post
    Does anyone else think that Silva had an injury prior to this fight? Ive seen leg kicks checked thousands of times in both MMA and kickboxing; I have NEVER seen someones leg do that off of a checked kick..........that was fucking gruesome.
    It`s actually due to physics... the kick was thrown with such force, that when iit connected at that specific angle, at the "weakest" spot, momentum carried the lower end beyond its flexibility point... causing that rubbery look to it... gruesome indeed...

If Silva's leg was already injured why would he be trying to throw such a hard kick?
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

7. Default

I just signed up for the UFC Fight Pass. Just by looking around on the site, it looks cool as hell.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

You got to give it to his fans, these loses really fried their brains.

On a side note, I guess I need to start drinking this stuff:

Quote Originally Posted by CtGreat View Post
    According to Bas Rutten's Facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/BasRutten/p...84595048277531
    Remember the post I did why you have to open your hips when you kick? Otherwise you connect with the flat part and break your shin.
    http://youtu.be/iFsGDlldNTc

Thread Information