Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 LastLast

Thread: UFC 168 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    I dunno. It killed me to see Fedor get pummeled by Bigfoot. It was like long, drag-out agony as opposed to a short, sharp shock.

But that just might have been me.

I still think Anderson went down fighting.

And I don't think you're as loveblind as the guys I refer to as fanboys. You've always had perspective.

rh
    Yeah the Fedor losses were brutal, not just how they happened but also because of the sharp decrease in skill he showed.

2. Default

I don't think his skills sharply decreased at all in my opinion.
    When you're down.... you're down 4-Life

Quote Originally Posted by VimyRidge View Post
    Dana White said that it cracked from an earlier kick and then snapped on the last one.
    so then why the fuck was he throwing a full force kick after he already cracked it.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

I still can't believe what I saw on Saturday. The Weidman/Silva fight symbolizes a lot in my eyes. It was such an insane way for things to end, but I wish it wouldn't have gone that way. I wanted to see Weidman definitively finish Silva offensively which it looked like he going to accomplish. The fact that he destroyed his opponent with deadly defense is extremely remarkable though; I just can't believe that it happened in one of the most meaningful fights of our time. I could probably ramble on for about a page with what I think about Weidman/Silva. Blows my mind. I am sad for Anderson.

Ronda/Tate was a good fight. The energy at the bar was surprising. Everyone was cheering and into it. Ronda's best win, imo. Meisha is one tough woman.

Jim Miller. Boom. Like a stealth bear trap. Beautiful armbar.

Always liked Poirer and it was GREAT to see him beat Brandao's like that. Kid is a badass. Who's next?

Browne/Barnett hurt. I like Browne and it was a great win for him, but I really wanted to see Josh make a run and take this win. To see him get mandhandled and crushed like that really sucked. The Warmaster will come back.

Horrible for Leben and Tibau.

I missed the rest of the fights.

What a crazy fucking year... both GSP and Anderson no longer hold their gold. Times have really changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    I don't think his skills sharply decreased at all in my opinion.
    Honestly, I think Fedor was never comfortable fighting inside the cage, his style never adapted to it and if screwed him over big time in a couple fights. He lost some speed as he aged, but it was more his athletics that decreased rather than his actual skill set.

Quote Originally Posted by initial_zen View Post
    Honestly, I think Fedor was never comfortable fighting inside the cage, his style never adapted to it and if screwed him over big time in a couple fights. He lost some speed as he aged, but it was more his athletics that decreased rather than his actual skill set.
    Agreed.
    I've said many times in the past that it is much easier to transition from a cage to a ring than it is vice-versa.

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    so then why the fuck was he throwing a full force kick after he already cracked it.
    Most fighters kill the nerves in their shin by constantly kicking the heavy bag or using other training methods. Mix that in with the adrenaline from the fight and I wouldn't be surprised if he barely felt the first small fracture.

Quote Originally Posted by initial_zen View Post
    His stand up devolved into simply throwing hay makers with little to no set up. Also if you watch the Werdum fight, he had so many opportunities to escape but didn't. Not the same man who out grappled so many great fighters. I personally think it was the pressure of winning and the new atmosphere (fighting in America).

Quote Originally Posted by optimusjoel View Post
    His stand up devolved into simply throwing hay makers with little to no set up. Also if you watch the Werdum fight, he had so many opportunities to escape but didn't. Not the same man who out grappled so many great fighters. I personally think it was the pressure of winning and the new atmosphere (fighting in America).
    I also think his mind was out of fighting near the end of his career, hard to stay sharp after 10+ years of professional fighting, no longer a hungry lion but someone who is thinking of whether or not to retire.

Thread Information